Looking at a JCB 210s, 4wheel drive and steer....

/ Looking at a JCB 210s, 4wheel drive and steer.... #1  

skyhook

Veteran Member
Tractor
1996 Kubota L4200 GSTC,(sold) 1994 JCB 210S 4x4x4
I've just noticed there's no JCB forum here, isn't that strange....:confused:
Anyway's, I'm thinking on a purchase on this 1995 ish, JCB 4x4, 4 wheel steering 210s,
better known as a 2cx, I believe, tranny has been rebuilt and looks pretty good.
Anyone have any info, good or bad's on this machine,,

mrpj5l.jpg

/ Looking at a JCB 210s, 4wheel drive and steer....
Well, it looks like no one here owns or has a JCB....:confused:
Is this type of machine "taboo" here or what,
I don't get it. Should I walk away from this??
Maybe I should stick to my Japanese Kubota, how about if I painted this JCB orange,
would that work...lol

/ Looking at a JCB 210s, 4wheel drive and steer.... #3  
JCB is very popular in Europe, not so much here. I've never heard much bad word about them. If I recall correctly, the 2CX has a removable backhoe. I've thought about one before setup with TNT hydraulics and a heavy Gannon. There's most likely a few folks over at HEF with some info on them.

/ Looking at a JCB 210s, 4wheel drive and steer.... #4  
I have on My bucket list to one day own a JCB Fastrac ( just have to win the big lottery....) those are the Farm Tractor version. JCB is a British company initially although they do have plants / offices in the US there are dealerships across Canada . The AG tractors are very European, with air brakes, 70-80 KPH road speeds etc, as in Europe farm tractors replace trucks in a lot of cases. I'd google JCB and go from there. some pretty interesting stuff!!

Cheers

Roger

Thanks for the info guy's, RDrancher, I did check out HEF, I'm a member there also,
got some good info from a few members.
Just find it strange that such a popular site as this one, doesn't support a Forum for them.
Thanks again.;)

Fred, for gods sake, say something...lol

/ Looking at a JCB 210s, 4wheel drive and steer.... #7  
JCB makes quality machines. I've seen plenty of their telehandlers on jobsites and owned a 550 telehandler that was a really nice and dependable piece of equipment. There was a dealer in Tulsa to get part and service (I lived about an hour away at that time). In Europe they dominate the skid steer market from my understanding. Some of their skid steers have a really interesting bucket setup where its' all supported on one side. Jump on ebay and do a search for telehandlers and you will find they are quite popular.

Seems like this site is more focused on tractors and not as much on construction equipment like telehadlers, excavators, etc...

/ Looking at a JCB 210s, 4wheel drive and steer.... #8  
I had a JCB 520-40 compact telehandler four years ago.
P9100003.JPG P9100005.JPG P9100006.JPG P9100008.JPG

After a week I returned it and got the slightly bigger V417.
P9290002.JPG P9290003.JPG P9290004.JPG P3180020.JPG