Hydrostatic Pulsation

/ Hydrostatic Pulsation #1  

Tractor Tom

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK35 H
I have a new Kioti CK35 with Hydrostatic Trans. Tractor has about 6hrs on it and the transmission has started to pulsate at very low speed at any RMP level, or any range. Mowing, driving it works fine, but if you only want to move very slowly forwards or back the transmission pulsates in a jerking motion forward or back?? The dealer service guy said to keep an eye on to see if it gets any worse. I'm just wondering if it's an adjustment?? or a bad hydrostatic pump?? Any thoughts, thanks.

/ Hydrostatic Pulsation #2  
first thought I have is low fluid level.

/ Hydrostatic Pulsation #3  
I agree on oil level but with 6 hours on tractor that would be dealers problem not mine.

/ Hydrostatic Pulsation #4  
not a clue about your specific tractor...
fluid level comes to mind first as well. check operators manual, some times locations of were to add fluid and check fluid are not that thought out in placement.

some HST tractors, brakes are applied as you let off the pedal. ((wondering if they need to be adjusted, or you have emergency brake partial set))

you noted RPM's both low and high, and still pulsating, i was going to say you were running at idle / low RPM's and kinda stalling engine.

not a clue about specific tractor or HST transmission, but i would think more like a valve is sticking or adjustment not set correctly inside transmission. causing fluid to flow then not flow...

if electronic clutch, wondering if clutch is dis-engaging / re-engaging causing a pulsation motion. maybe just a loose connection *shrugs*

/ Hydrostatic Pulsation #5  
Take it back and have it fixed

Last edited:
   / Hydrostatic Pulsation #6  
Keep an eye on Murphy's Butt? Ridiculous! Have them come get it.

/ Hydrostatic Pulsation #7  
Mine (Bobcat CT235) did that. I think the dealer adjusted something wrong on it and made it do that. It would make me bounce on the seat it would do it so bad. It would also jerk if it was sitting on a hill. Hopefully the pedal doesn't start sticking.......

/ Hydrostatic Pulsation #8  
Tractor Tom,
I just bought my CK35 HST about a month ago and when I first brought it home, it did the same thing as yours but only at low rpms. I noticed when it did this that my pedal was sticking. I went underneath and lubed the grease fitting for the HST pedal and also lubed the shaft that slides along with the HST pedal. Worked it a bit and all is well. Not sure if your pedal is sticking any but it might be something for you to look at.

/ Hydrostatic Pulsation
Thanks for the reply's guys. Joe 04785 you may be on to something, it could be the HST pedal. They had everything apart to install the Cab and winter insulation, things might be just a bit to tight on the floor. Definitely not fluid levels, that's the first thing I checked.
As a foot note: I was on the tractor yesterday, and no way I could get it to pulsate, go figure. Either it's gone on it's own, or i'm used to operating this pedal. I will certainly be keeping an eye on it for sure.