Oil & Fuel iseki no start

/ iseki no start #1  

TATrucking

Tractor
iseki g174
Hello, I just got an iseki 4wd 2 cylinder diesel with a loader on the cheap, the guy couldn't make it run and gave up, its not in that bad of shape, fairly solid cranks over good has good fuel but will not fire, even with ether it won't even make a puff of smoke, I checked valve timing and lash seems to be good. I am a class 8 truck mechanic by trade and I'm stumped with it. Looking for some answers on were to go next. Thanks in advance

/ iseki no start #2  
Air intake clear? LUTT

/ iseki no start
Yes the intake is clear and both injectors are getting fuel (at least as far as the nut on top). I'm just stumped because even if it was a bad injector or pump timing it should still fire off ether

/ iseki no start #4  
My first thought is very worn glow plugs. Also, some of the older Japanese tractors had decompression valves. It may not have been reset.

/ iseki no start
The glow plugs shouldn't affect the combustion of the either its about 70 degrees in the shop. But I didn't realize it could have a decompression valve I will look to see if it has one maybe its stuck open

/ iseki no start #6  
If it is getting fuel and won't fire, the first thing to do on any diesel engine of unknown history is to check the compression. It is cheap and fairly easy to do and if you don't have sufficient compression to ignite fuel, that's that. A diesel engine is an air compressor. Yes, do check for decompression valve also.

That said, check also for safety switches, seat, pto, etc.

/ iseki no start #7  
Since you've checked the valves, you would have noticed if it had a decompression system....they usually just hold an exhaust valve open. Most safety switches are either going to cut power to the starter or fuel solenoid....that has been ruled out. If it's turning over well, getting fuel and air and wont fire on ether it is almost surely a compression issue. That would be my next check.