Looking for advice on adding worklights to tractor

/ Looking for advice on adding worklights to tractor #1  

gerytb

Tractor
mahindra 4035, Kubota RTV 1140
Hi All: I am trying to add some worklights to my Mahindra 4035, preferably on the ROPS bar. Tried some 100W H3 Halogens made by Baja, but they were pitiful and not as good as the one rear work light that came with the tractor. Primarily looking to light up both the front and back for snow removal (bucket and blade). Saw a post and reply by the guy from TowMart, but I do not want to spend $400 for a pair of lights. Anyone have any luck with a particular set or anything I should look for? Are they rated by lumens or wattage or something that I will be sure this time will work? Used to have old Kubota that had work lights mounted to the canopy that were more than adequate.

/ Looking for advice on adding worklights to tractor #2  
Hi All: I am trying to add some worklights to my Mahindra 4035, preferably on the ROPS bar. Tried some 100W H3 Halogens made by Baja, but they were pitiful and not as good as the one rear work light that came with the tractor. Primarily looking to light up both the front and back for snow removal (bucket and blade). Saw a post and reply by the guy from TowMart, but I do not want to spend $400 for a pair of lights. Anyone have any luck with a particular set or anything I should look for? Are they rated by lumens or wattage or something that I will be sure this time will work? Used to have old Kubota that had work lights mounted to the canopy that were more than adequate.
I would look into purchasing LED,s verses Halogens.The LED,s have come down in price.Check ebay and amazon sites.

/ Looking for advice on adding worklights to tractor #3  
I was going to purchase a marine LED floodlight from mcdermottlight.com but after considering that I do so little tractor work at night, I passed on it. LED lights are rated in lumen. The one I was looking at was big - 8"high x 12"wide x 6" deep - used 5 watts and output was 4700 lumen. I got to see several mounted on a commercial fishing boat and they DEFINITELY turn night into day. They are completely waterproof and vibration resistant, cast aluminum housing. They put out a bluish-white light. Its what I would use if I did night work with the tractor. I've seen too many of these "knock offs" that look good but don't have the output. I would mount the light on the underside of the raised ROPS - helps keep it away from low hanging limbs.

/ Looking for advice on adding worklights to tractor #4  
You can get some great LED spot/flood lights for under $50 now.

/ Looking for advice on adding worklights to tractor
Thanks

/ Looking for advice on adding worklights to tractor #6  
In my opinion, the LED light bars are the only way to go. There are a few write-ups on here I believe. I purchased mine on ebay. Chinese knock-offs yes, but the real deal is several hundred bucks. I'm even a dealer for the top of the line ones, and they are too rich for my blood. This one is a 32" and it fits perfectly. Its like turning on the sun. I loved it so much, I ordered a handful of them, another to point backwards, for the golf cart (I don't play, more of a utility buggy, you'd piss off other players no doubt), 4 wheelers, etc. Sorry I don't have a better picture. As stated, inside the ROPS is a good place, good protection. I'm even thinking of building a mesh screen of sorts to save the glass, see how much light diffusion it causes. The 32" was around $80 if I remember correctly, just search ebay for 32" LED Light Bar, I narrow it to Buy It Now auctions, and only buy from US stock, otherwise you'll be waiting for China Post for weeks.

EDIT: Good Lord, don't click on the picture! Lol. It took forever to upload so I opened it on my computer and its HUGE. So I edited it and figured out how to shrink it but the damage was done, the big one is attached to the post. I'm not sure how to remove it. Its just showing up as a link on my end though, so just don't click on it

Lightbar.jpg

Attachments

• Lightbar.jpg
    Lightbar.jpg
    605.3 KB · Views: 644
   / Looking for advice on adding worklights to tractor
Thanks, went on Ebay and found some that would fit my tractor. The ROPS is not 32" wide.

/ Looking for advice on adding worklights to tractor #8  
As bright as these are, smaller probably wouldn't hurt too much. I live in rattlesnake and scorpion country, it's a big no no to walk around after dark. With this thing turned on, I'm not too terribly afraid to keep working as long as the grass is short and hiding spots are minimal. Something I wouldn't dream of with the factory headlights. Or even my truck's HID headlights, which are pretty bright...

/ Looking for advice on adding worklights to tractor #9  
I bought the 24" LED 120W spot/flood and mounted on the rear cab of the tractor. I plan on buying another for the front. I think I paid around $70-80 for the light.

Attachments

• DSCN1092 (Small).JPG
    DSCN1092 (Small).JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 417
  • DSCN1086 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1086 (Medium).JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 233
  • DSCN1085 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1085 (Medium).JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 219
  • s-l140.jpg
    s-l140.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 224
   / Looking for advice on adding worklights to tractor #10  
EDIT: Good Lord, don't click on the picture! Lol. It took forever to upload so I opened it on my computer and its HUGE. So I edited it and figured out how to shrink it but the damage was done, the big one is attached to the post. I'm not sure how to remove it. Its just showing up as a link on my end though, so just don't click on it
Ok, I clicked on it just because you said "not too"...lol:eek:
Don't worry, it auto shrinked it....nice lights.