Marine or Regular Battery for my CK30

/ Marine or Regular Battery for my CK30 #1  

Trace33

Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
Been 4 ot 5 years now and my battery needs replacement. I noticed the old battery is labeled as a MARINE Battery. Is it necessary to replace with another marine battery or will a regular car/light truck battery suffice?

/ Marine or Regular Battery for my CK30 #2  
I like Interstate battery's.

/ Marine or Regular Battery for my CK30 #3  
I put an Odyssey AGM battery in my tractor. Marine battery usually denoted a deep cycle battery. You do not need a deep cycle battery.

/ Marine or Regular Battery for my CK30 #4  
Die Hard or Advance Auto Parts.

/ Marine or Regular Battery for my CK30
Thank you all. I didn't think I needed a deep cycle battery or the additional cost. If I start the darn thing every 2nd day it's fine. Let a week go by and I gotta jump it from my truck especially in cold weather. Guess I gotta bite the bullet and just buy a new battery.

/ Marine or Regular Battery for my CK30 #6  
There are differences in starting batteries, marine batteries, and rv or deep cycle batteries.

Generally;

Starting batteries have plates designed to provide short bursts of large current. They don't tolerate repeated deep discharge cycles.

Marine batteries are designed as a compromise to provide starting current as well as some tolerance for deep discharge cycles such as would be seen in rv or trolling motor use where the battery is also called upon to power a starting motor.

Rv or deep discharge are designed to provide low current over long periods of time and tolerate deep discharge/recharge cycles.

I don't see why a marine battery would be used in a tractor for pure starting motor duty.

/ Marine or Regular Battery for my CK30 #7  
I put an Odyssey AGM battery in my tractor. Marine battery usually denoted a deep cycle battery. You do not need a deep cycle battery.
This. The Sears Diehard Platinum is an Odyssey AGM.

Most of the batteries named in this thread are made by Johnson Controls and relabeled. Simply put, the longer the 100% replacement period the better the battery. That ranges from 24 to 48 months.

We bought some Kirkland batteries at Costco (another JC brand) and one failed at 35 months. I brought the battery back and they refunded me in cash on the spot.

/ Marine or Regular Battery for my CK30
Exactly. The only reason for the battery is to start the tractor. I didn't quite understand why there was a marine type battery installed since the initial purchase. Never really looked at it until it started dying on me. That started me wondering if there was any other reason for a marine battery in a tractor.

/ Marine or Regular Battery for my CK30 #9  
If you look at the specs you'll see the cranking amps on most Marine deep cycle batteries are actually lower than a regular starting battery. Most boats have the bilge pump hooked up directly to the batteries, with the idea that it's better for your engine not to start than to sink. So they make a "hybrid" battery that is capable of starting but can also be drawn down deeper than a starting battery, though not like a deep-cycle battery.

So why it was installed on a high compression diesel is indeed a mystery.

/ Marine or Regular Battery for my CK30 #10  
I have been okay with the batteries that Sam's Club sells... they are well-rated by Consumer's Reports, FWIW. Price is good.