JD 24T Versus NH 268 baler

/ JD 24T Versus NH 268 baler #1  

idaho52

Tractor
Kiota CK 25
Can anyone tell me which one might be better to use with a Kiota CK25 will be baling maybe 20-30 acres 4x a year. Thanks

/ JD 24T Versus NH 268 baler #2  
The one with the closest parts dealer. Also with a TSC nearby for consumable parts: pickup teeth, twine, grease, shear pins, and maybe a tire or two.

/ JD 24T Versus NH 268 baler
Have dealers for both close.....which most likely be more reliable? Understanding age/condition...

/ JD 24T Versus NH 268 baler #4  
asking which is more reliable for a 40 year old machine with loads of moving parts? If your asking the question at all, I'm already worried. Make sure you have exceptional local support. Your going to need help.

/ JD 24T Versus NH 268 baler #5  
Can anyone tell me which one might be better to use with a Kiota CK25 will be baling maybe 20-30 acres 4x a year. Thanks

I don't think the Kioti CK 25 is enough tractor for either baler. Ken Sweet

Thank you Ken. Your response is helpful. Do you have any idea what the HP requirements are? I've checked online and haven't been able to come up with much....Thanks

Nothing personal, Messick, but your response was typical of a dealer and frankly somewhat insulting...... I don't have 1000's to spend on a machine either to buy or fix.....and I've probably been turning wrenches longer than you where even a gleam in your daddy's eye. That being said, do you actually have any input as to which machine is more reliable? Thanks

/ JD 24T Versus NH 268 baler #8  
Thank you Ken. Your response is helpful. Do you have any idea what the HP requirements are? I've checked online and haven't been able to come up with much....Thanks

I think you could squeeze by on hp. it is the physical size and weight on the CK25 that worries me. Either baler would probably outweigh the tractor. Ken Sweet

Thanks Ken, upside here is most ground fairly flat.......have a small hill in back, maybe 300' up or down, but it would be straight up/down, no side traveling....

/ JD 24T Versus NH 268 baler #10  
I too agree the tractor is too small physically for a baler. Balers put out quite a bit of force for and aft and you need some weight on the tractor to keep it from pushing it around.
Remember when those balers were made, compact tractors weren't even around. Those balers were pulled by much heavier utility tractors or row crop tractors, i.e. 3010, 2020U, etc..
A lot heavier than today's compact tractors.