Ford 800 Stalling under load

/ Ford 800 Stalling under load #1  

Danfeldman

Tractor
Ford 800
Hi,

I'm new here. My Ford 800 recently started to buck and stall going up hill. He only way to keep it running is in 1st gear at low rpms. I drained the gas and replace plugs. Distributor cap is fine. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks, Dan

/ Ford 800 Stalling under load #2  
Sounds like your starving on gas. Clear your main jet and verify good fuel flow to carb. If you have old rubber lines on your fuel line, might replace them as they could be collapsing and choking down fuel flow. Also make sure carb seal to manifold is good.

/ Ford 800 Stalling under load #3  
What kind of fuel filter? Did u change it?

/ Ford 800 Stalling under load #4  
Hi,

I'm new here. My Ford 800 recently started to buck and stall going up hill. He only way to keep it running is in 1st gear at low rpms. I drained the gas and replace plugs. Distributor cap is fine. Any suggestions would be welcome.

If your gas looked and smelled like pee when you drained it, you've already munged up your carb - likely the main jet has a chunk of crud in it. Open up the carb and flush the jets with a can of aerosol carb cleaner - let sit and repeat a few times - try to hit every passage you can find.

/ Ford 800 Stalling under load
Thanks yes will try all these suggestions

/ Ford 800 Stalling under load #7  
does adding choke help it a bit?

if so, check to make sure it is not set too lean.. when it gets colder you need to enrich the main usually.

for S & G's do check spark. weak spark will cause problems too, and can look fuel related, as rich mixes fire easier if you have bad spark.. so with bad spark.. slightly lean mixes have issues. add in cold weather and you can go from looking good to looking bad.

post back.

/ Ford 800 Stalling under load #8  
Check the ignition wires after checking the fuel/carb issues already mentioned. Old wires cause similar problems as can bad points or poorly adjusted points in the distributor. If addressing the fuel problems corrects your issue then ignore my advice.