Oil & Fuel Overfilled Hdy/Trans

/ Overfilled Hdy/Trans #1  

adimice

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330
Like the title says, I overfilled the reservoir on my L4330 HST. If I pull one of the 4 drain plugs, I'll have a gusher! I'm probably 2 qrts over. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks

/ Overfilled Hdy/Trans #2  
I did the same thing with mine I guess. I couldn't see the fluid on the sight glass, so I added fluid, and added fluid, and added fluid. Still haven't seen it on the sight glass, but I quit adding fluid...

/ Overfilled Hdy/Trans #3  
Siphon?

Jim

/ Overfilled Hdy/Trans #4  
Four drain plugs seems a bit much. Are you doing this while the tractor is on or something? shouldn't have pressure on it when you pull a drain

/ Overfilled Hdy/Trans
There's almost 12 Gallons, that's gallons, in the res. You open any of those drains , and it's a tsunami. There's a smaller plug on each of the rear wheel hubs, but even opening them and the oil squirts all the way over to the other wheel.

/ Overfilled Hdy/Trans #7  
You can get a cheap hand pump from any auto parts store & pump out the excess back into the container.

You may need to be creative to snake it to the fluid level, but odds are it'll slide right in. Make sure the hoses are secured tight & pump is primed before starting.

It seems like modern machines hold more fluid(s) when "drained" than they used to... follow the manual at your own risk--will likely overfill if stated capacities are replaced!

I've been stopping at ~80% listed capacity & gone real slow afterwards about the last ten years, but I never quite get to the actual capacity thats stated in any manual before hitting the mark.

/ Overfilled Hdy/Trans #8  
5 foot piece of clear tubing .. siphon anyone ?

/ Overfilled Hdy/Trans #9  
You can get a cheap hand pump from any auto parts store & pump out the excess back into the container.

You may need to be creative to snake it to the fluid level, but odds are it'll slide right in. Make sure the hoses are secured tight & pump is primed before starting.

It seems like modern machines hold more fluid(s) when "drained" than they used to... follow the manual at your own risk--will likely overfill if stated capacities are replaced!

I've been stopping at ~80% listed capacity & gone real slow afterwards about the last ten years, but I never quite get to the actual capacity thats stated in any manual before hitting the mark.

Me neither, no matter how long I let it drip.

I think the OP should just man up. Take off his shirt, lay some papers and rags down around the drain pan, open the drain plug until enough gushes out then put the plug back in. :laughing:

/ Overfilled Hdy/Trans #10  
Me neither, no matter how long I let it drip.

I think the OP should just man up. Take off his shirt, lay some papers and rags down around the drain pan, open the drain plug until enough gushes out then put the plug back in. :laughing:

Yeah, that'll work. Just don't use the kitchen hand towels or you'll really have a problem.:confused3: