Engine Oil Drain Valve

/ Engine Oil Drain Valve #1  

paine

Bronze Member
Tractor
Case DX33 Farmall
Has anyone user an engine oil drain valve like the valves at oilers oildrainvalve.net?
The Fumoto valve are high quality and I use them on my diesel truck and other vehicles but I am a little worried about the drain protruding down further then the normal drain plug and getting hooked on a stick or something in the woods.

/ Engine Oil Drain Valve #2  
I have but given my use for my tractor, I do not want to run the risk of tripping the safety, then tripping the valve and draining my engine oil in the field.

/ Engine Oil Drain Valve #3  
I like the Fumoto valve but do not have them on things I get off road. Tractors are easy to access most often so the valve just slows down the drain process.

/ Engine Oil Drain Valve
That's exactly what I was thinking I am not going to go with the valve on the tractor!
I guess I was just feeling around see if anybody ever had one actually fail on a tractor.

/ Engine Oil Drain Valve #5  
I don't use mine. I use an oil extractor. Use it on everything. Only vehicle I tried it on where it didn't work was my VW Cabrio. On my JD 4010, I used the extractor, unscrewed the oil drain plug; nothing came out.

Ralph

/ Engine Oil Drain Valve #6  
Used the Fumoto valve for the first time on the 2010 F150. It was so easy to drain without making a mess.

Plan to use the 22 foot tilt trailer to gain better access the the engine oil filter.

/ Engine Oil Drain Valve #7  
Love my Fumotos

/ Engine Oil Drain Valve #8  
There’s no way I’m putting some stupid oil drain valve on anything own. It’s going to get knocked off and ruin a multi thousand dollar engine. What’s the benefit, you save getting a little oil on your hands?

/ Engine Oil Drain Valve #9  
There’s no way I’m putting some stupid oil drain valve on anything own. It’s going to get knocked off and ruin a multi thousand dollar engine. What’s the benefit, you save getting a little oil on your hands?

I have seen some of them. Just go with a smart Fumoto oil drain valve.