My Firewood Operation

/ My Firewood Operation #1  

Dascro

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7610, Cub Cadet 1450
I was moving some wood around this morning in my firewood area and thought I'd post some pictures of my B7610. One of it's jobs is to skid in logs, stack them and then "hold" them when I section them for the splitter. Just one of its' many jobs around here. I modified my already very useful box blade to accept an 8,000 lb winch that is used to drag trees up to the paths and then I use it to skid them back to my firewood lot. I added a remote control unit to the winch and that makes it even more useful when working away from the tractor. down in the woods The little B7610 never ceases to amaze me.

Dave

IMG_0868.jpgIMG_0870.jpg

/ My Firewood Operation #2  
I love to see something that doesn't look like it can do the job surprise the heck out of people when they find out what they can do. Great idea to mount the winch there as the bb can act as a resistor to the pulling force as well as being a platform for the battery mount. Thanks for sharing.

/ My Firewood Operation #3  
I moved away from that white cold stuff when I turned 30, and don't miss it a bit! OK maybe I do miss spinning cookies in empty parking lots after a heavy snow.:D I do have a question. Why the tire chains on the rear of a 4wd tractor? 445A

/ My Firewood Operation
Thanks arrow and 445A.

The box blade has cutting edges front and back. I also turn the rippers backwards and it provides a very strong resistance for the winch to pull against.

The chains are for extra traction in the woods and on ice when plowing snow. Used them for years. When the ground freezes beneath the snow chains are the only way to go.

Dave

/ My Firewood Operation #5  
I moved away from that white cold stuff when I turned 30, and don't miss it a bit! OK maybe I do miss spinning cookies in empty parking lots after a heavy snow.:D I do have a question. Why the tire chains on the rear of a 4wd tractor? 445A
Added weight plus big help on ice.

/ My Firewood Operation #6  
Ingenuous setup Dascro, it beats any ATV operation hands down.

/ My Firewood Operation #7  
I got too old and beat-up to drag and pick-up logs anymore so I went to power assist too!
WP_20141030_001.jpg

/ My Firewood Operation
Thanks DieselnHooters, it works surprisingly well.

Your setup is very nice Dave Gobis! I'm sure it's fun to use too. I considered going that route since the pto winch is best. But I like to fab stuff and have all the tools. Plus Tractor Supply had all the stuff I needed on sale at the time I made my setup :). I was concerned about battery life when winching, but I put a robust Deep Cell battery on and haven't run into any issues yet.

/ My Firewood Operation #10  
Nice man setup you have..those B's are one tough mule.