Ford 4000 -Diesel

/ Ford 4000 -Diesel #1  

copperhead42

Tractor
1970-75? ford 4000 diesel
I recently acquired a used Ford 4000 diesel tractor(1970-75?) for my property in so. Illinois. I need to get an operation/user service manual for this piece of equipment, with pictorials/diagrams :confused: of the different parts of the tractor and parts. I have not been able to locate a source for these documents. Can anyone direct me to a source for these manuals??:confused:

/ Ford 4000 -Diesel #5  
I recently acquired a used Ford 4000 diesel tractor(1970-75?) for my property in so. Illinois. I need to get an operation/user service manual for this piece of equipment, with pictorials/diagrams :confused: of the different parts of the tractor and parts. I have not been able to locate a source for these documents. Can anyone direct me to a source for these manuals??:confused:

Manuals are often available on ebay. Unless you are a well experienced tractor mechanic, avoid the IT manuals and look for the factory manuals . they have system descriptions and all the how to stuff. the IT manuals generally only contain major service and repair instructions.

RickB has given you another source for factory service and maintenance info.

/ Ford 4000 -Diesel #6  
Manuals are often available on ebay. Unless you are a well experienced tractor mechanic, avoid the IT manuals and look for the factory manuals . they have system descriptions and all the how to stuff. the IT manuals generally only contain major service and repair instructions.

RickB has given you another source for factory service and maintenance info.

I refrained from mentioning the factory repair manual because that particular one, while very good, covers a boatload of models and is priced about $400 if I remember correctly. Ebay would be a good place to look for that one.