Need some help!!

/ Need some help!! #1  

Spuddozer

Tractor
New Holland TC 35d
I have been looking to buy an old GE Garden Tractor. It's all electric. Does anyone have any words of advice? It needs new batteries but is really good shape. Thanks.

/ Need some help!! #2  
Didn't even know they existed, now I will have to google it!
If I had some advice it might be: buy a diesel instead!

/ Need some help!! #3  
I'm with paine... unless you're an electro-mechanical engineer, and plan on doing any and all work on it yourself, you'd probably be better off buying something more conventional that other folks can help you with.

Pete

/ Need some help!! #4  
Interesting. Never seen one of those, can the OP post a pic of it???

/ Need some help!! #5  
I'm guessing that'd be a pricey investment.

/ Need some help!! #6  
it has been way to long for me to remember, but there be a few folks on here that have created a custom all electrical tractors. a few run on batteries, and some with a gas/diesel generator on the machine.

the battery version were kinda like them power scooters for elderly and/or those with disabilities. but redid a bit different to a riding lawn mower setup. with a couple basic features.

ya need to be careful with electrical more so electrical motors. a slightest of sparks can send a unit up in flames! this has more to do with grass clippings / dust from mowing, and like. all that dry nice and flammable stuff getting into all the nook and crannies. if using around cutting up trees or firewood, all the dust and like from that also being a source for a possible fire.

batteries can and do explode.
capacitors can hold a charge for a long time, and a short circuit could easily kill ya from the stored up energy. simply disconnecting a battery does not cut it.

/ Need some help!! #9  
Unless you are a collector, I would steer clear. I had a niebor years ago that had one, and could not mow his small yard without charging.

/ Need some help!! #10  
I had a neighbor that used one for a handicap scooter before there was such a thing. He used it to go from the house to the shop and back. Worked well for him. He was able to keep the shop open for a number of years because of it.