110 TLB

/ 110 TLB #1  

Wowtlb

Tractor
John Deere 110 TLB
I have to warm my 110 TLB for 1 1/2 hours to get the transmission to work at temperatures around freezing. All the levels are fine and the tractor only has 650 hours on it. It appears to have been very well maintained. I have ordered both a head bolt heater and a hydraulic line heater but I am very surprised it takes so long to warm. Would covering the radiator help?

/ 110 TLB #2  
Welcome to TBN :)

Any idea what hydro fluid is in there? 1.5 hours seems pretty extreme for the recommended JD Hygard fluid.

/ 110 TLB
No idea of the fluid. The previous owner had a rep of babying his machine. Tractor in remarkable condition. I bet the right stuff is in there. When I pick up my heaters I will grab so new filters as well. I am trying some cardboard over the radiator to see if damping down the hydraulic cooler helps.

/ 110 TLB #4  
JD also sells a winter grade low viscosity Hygard you might want to try. Do you have rear outlets or front outlets on your loader? if so, you could put a loop of hose and run the hydraulics to warm the fluid.

/ 110 TLB #5  
Need a new thermostat maybe?

I like the 110tlb... When I get extra cash, I'd like one of those!

/ 110 TLB #6  
I have to warm my 110 TLB for 1 1/2 hours to get the transmission to work at temperatures around freezing. All the levels are fine and the tractor only has 650 hours on it. It appears to have been very well maintained. I have ordered both a head bolt heater and a hydraulic line heater but I am very surprised it takes so long to warm. Would covering the radiator help?

That's crazy! Sounds like you've got the regular vis JD20C hyd fluid. My 110 came from Georgia, near the Florida line. I switched out all the fluids the first fall.

Also installed the transmission heater. And I use cardboard ALL winter!

AKfish

/ 110 TLB #7  
Only a comment... some of us thought we had transmission problems and it was simple parts swap of the flywheel speed sensor...

Mine did not go out all at once... it was almost like it needed to warm up the first couple of weeks... in the end, the only way to move it was with the creeper switch...

The sensor was less than $50 and boy was I happy!!!!

/ 110 TLB #8  
Only a comment... some of us thought we had transmission problems and it was simple parts swap of the flywheel speed sensor...

Mine did not go out all at once... it was almost like it needed to warm up the first couple of weeks... in the end, the only way to move it was with the creeper switch...

The sensor was less than $50 and boy was I happy!!!!

Good point... I read his post and passed over that the temps were just around freezing! I had trouble moving my 110 that first Fall when it got down to +10F. It would just barely crawl and the steering was a grunt!

But, it wasn't that big of a deal around freezing...

Might be more goin' on than meets the eye!

AKfish

/ 110 TLB #9  
No idea of the fluid. The previous owner had a rep of babying his machine. Tractor in remarkable condition. I bet the right stuff is in there. When I pick up my heaters I will grab so new filters as well. I am trying some cardboard over the radiator to see if damping down the hydraulic cooler helps.

Find out if there is a hydro thermostat somewhere in the hydro system. It may be installed backwards or have failed.