Deere 350 C to the rescue...

/ Deere 350 C to the rescue... #1  

ultrarunner

Epic Contributor
SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
Tractor
Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 and RTV900 with restored 1948 Deere M, 1949 Farmall Cub, 1953 Ford Jubliee and 1957 Ford 740 Row Crop, Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer 50 assorted vehicles from 1905 to 2006
Got a call that my brother's Rover was helplessly mired in the back pasture... they had tired to move it with the Kubota L3800 and it was quickly becoming stuck... I was able to use the loader to advance the L3800 to solid ground.

The Deere 350 C was parked about 6 months ago and left under a tree... no one knew where the key was at first... anyway... put the key in and it started in an instant... very impressive.

was able to maneuver to about 60' away and as a was traversing, water was squirting up from the gopher holes...

Wasn't sure what to expect and lucky for all of us the dozer did the job... it was like plowing a field... two tracks with the Rover resting on the rails as it was pulled to high ground...

It was at that moment he realized just how handy it is to have an old dozer in the family...

/ Deere 350 C to the rescue... #2  
That's good you were able to get everything out without too much trouble. Sounds like it was a good opportunity for some pictures or video.

/ Deere 350 C to the rescue...
I smart phone challenged in that I have never had one...

My brother did take some... not sure if he would be willing to share?

He was kind of embarrassed because he has driven over the land often... it's just California has had 3 years of record drought and the last few weeks have set rainfall records...

Personally... I really hate mud... give me the duff from a forest, rock, gravel, etc... just hate mud around the homestead!

/ Deere 350 C to the rescue... #4  
I agree on the mud, can't do anything without making a mess and tearing everything up.

/ Deere 350 C to the rescue... #5  
Glad you got it out. Having an old around dozer can certainly be handy. In situations like that I always worry what am I going to use if I get the dozer mired :eek: :laughing:

/ Deere 350 C to the rescue... #6  
Glad you got it out. Having an old around dozer can certainly be handy. In situations like that I always worry what am I going to use if I get the dozer mired :eek: :laughing:

Haha, find a bigger dozer!

/ Deere 350 C to the rescue...
Wait till summer...

I once got stuck at the bottom of a ravine with me D3... not much I could do... left it there 4 months and drove it out...