3-Point Hitch Top Link Mounting Holes

/ Top Link Mounting Holes #21  
Your logic in your first condition is faulty. Once the implement is above/out of the ground, the tractor and implement become an example of a First Class lever and it makes no difference how the implement is attached to the tractor. The implement will have a center of gravity and the distance that center of gravity is from the rear axle is the lever. Those are the only two factors that matter.

Correct.
His #2 is correct also.
I'll add another consideration: that being the more equal the upper links length and closeness to parallel to the lower lift arms, the less the implement leans forward as you raise it.

/ Top Link Mounting Holes #22  
Your logic in your first condition is faulty. Once the implement is above/out of the ground, the tractor and implement become an example of a First Class lever and it makes no difference how the implement is attached to the tractor. The implement will have a center of gravity and the distance that center of gravity is from the rear axle is the lever. Those are the only two factors that matter.

I stand corrected. Thank you.

/ Top Link Mounting Holes
Thanks guys, I have learned a lot. By the way I don't have draft control (neither does my tractor). Before this discussion I didn't even know what draft control was, well I had an idea what it was but didn't know how it worked.

/ Top Link Mounting Holes #24  
Thanks Opti-Mist for the explanations. When using most implements I leave the draft lever pushed all the way forward then use the other lever to pick up and control the implement. Is there anything you can do to put the draft control in a bind or break it. Like using the wrong hole for the top link or by using the shower cat 1 top link.

/ Top Link Mounting Holes #25  
Correct.
His #2 is correct also.
I'll add another consideration: that being the more equal the upper links length and closeness to parallel to the lower lift arms, the less the implement leans forward as you raise it.

And with a non-draft control tractor, that's the reason for using the different top link holes.

/ Top Link Mounting Holes #26  
Thanks Opti-Mist for the explanations. When using most implements I leave the draft lever pushed all the way forward then use the other lever to pick up and control the implement. Is there anything you can do to put the draft control in a bind or break it. Like using the wrong hole for the top link or by using the shower cat 1 top link.

Use of the different top link holes while using Draft Control changes the sensitivity of the system. No harm to the tractor either way. For example, moldboard plowing, in different soil types, a change of the top link might make the plow stay at the desired depth better.

/ Top Link Mounting Holes #27  

Not really. With the draft lever fully down you are effectively in full position control and draft doesn't come into play. You're good. The above comment covers the hole choice.