What does this lever do? 1953 Ferguson

/ What does this lever do? 1953 Ferguson #1  

vintagefred

Tractor
white, john deere, montana, satoh, ford
Just bought a 1953 Ferguson TO30. Can't figure out what this long lever does attached to transmission next to pto control lever. Previous owner had it for 10 years and never used it.

Attachments

• DSCN0123.jpg
    DSCN0123.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 544
  • DSCN0120.jpg
    DSCN0120.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 437
   / What does this lever do? 1953 Ferguson #2  
Just bought a 1953 Ferguson TO30. Can't figure out what this long lever does attached to transmission next to pto control lever. Previous owner had it for 10 years and never used it.

Ferguson and Ford we working together in this years I believe?

pto gizmo - Harry Ferguson

TO30 with a hand clutch on the PTO - Harry Ferguson

7th post down says:
Note the extra long lever coming out of the left side pto shifter cover on this 8N.
This is the extremely rare Sherman live pto conversion for the 8N. The lever operates
a manual clutch pack between the transmission and the rear end pinion gear. This allowed
the tractor operator to start up normally with the pto engaged and then use the long lever
to disengage the tractor drive and stop the tractor without stopping the pto. If you use the
lever for stopping and starting and left the regular foot clutch alone you had a "live" pto.

/ What does this lever do? 1953 Ferguson #3  
I believe that lever activates either the Time Travel Assistance System or the Interstellar Wormhole Drive. Just pull it and let us know :)

/ What does this lever do? 1953 Ferguson #4  
I believe that lever activates either the Time Travel Assistance System or the Interstellar Wormhole Drive. Just pull it and let us know :)

Or the warp speed lever?

/ What does this lever do? 1953 Ferguson #5  
You might be the happy owner of a tractor With a creeper gear box