Oil & Fuel Transfer tank water separator recommendations please, just got a new GPI 12v pump

/ Transfer tank water separator recommendations please, just got a new GPI 12v pump
I picked up a Goldenrod kit with separator bowl at TSC today. I still have the can style filter that I was using with the hand pump. I could always use the both in line. I'm thinking put the Goldenrod first after the pump and then the can style in line after it?

/ Transfer tank water separator recommendations please, just got a new GPI 12v pump #12  
So you're saying I need to put the tank on top of my hill and run the hose down? :laughing:

I guess I'll keep an eye out for a pump too.

Another thing to consider if you're setting up a fill station would be the poly gas tank sealer kits. If you have some way to roll the tank, you could line it and prevent any rust over time.

/ Transfer tank water separator recommendations please, just got a new GPI 12v pump #13  
Will these filters choke out a gravity fed system? I figure I can put my tank on a platform and drain it via a spigot into the tank rather than pumping. I'm acquiring parts for it as they catch my attention. I have a couple clean 50 gal drums that held isopropyl and I'm pretty sure are lined so rust shouldn't be an issue.

The Wix/NAPA fuel water separator filters I use on my F-350 and it's 90 aux fuel tank work just fine in my RDS gravity feed system. For the aux fuel filter, I use the Wix/NAPA 33406/3406 fuel water separator fuel filters.

Here's a list of Wix/NAPA filters, which ones have drains/water separators, thread size and the Wix filter head that will work with them and nominal filtering in nominal microns. I get my Wix/NAPA filters and filter heads from FleetFilter.com.

Good luck.

Attachments

• Fuel Filter Comparison Chart 08-08-08.pdf
    10.6 KB · Views: 205
   / Transfer tank water separator recommendations please, just got a new GPI 12v pump #14  
I picked up a Goldenrod kit with separator bowl at TSC today. I still have the can style filter that I was using with the hand pump. I could always use the both in line. I'm thinking put the Goldenrod first after the pump and then the can style in line after it?

I would only use one. No reason to obstruct flow more than you need to.

/ Transfer tank water separator recommendations please, just got a new GPI 12v pump #15  

Separate out any water first after the pump, then the can filter, IMHO. That works well for me.

/ Transfer tank water separator recommendations please, just got a new GPI 12v pump
I appreciate the responses guys, any other thoughts, feel free.

/ Transfer tank water separator recommendations please, just got a new GPI 12v pump #17  
Maybe common knowledge, but a couple things. The pickup tube should be off the tank bottom and it's good to have that end of the tank elevated a bit so water collects at the far end. Black (not galvanized) pipe should be used. We install large generators and the manufacturers are fussy about that. They claim tiny pieces of the galvanizing can pass through filters and damage the engine.

/ Transfer tank water separator recommendations please, just got a new GPI 12v pump #18  
   / Transfer tank water separator recommendations please, just got a new GPI 12v pump #20  
Watch the micron rating of the filters, I would not use any filter above a 10 micron. Fuel systems components are just to expensive these days to save money on a filter.