What Is The 960 PTO Used For.

/ What Is The 960 PTO Used For. #21  
   / What Is The 960 PTO Used For. #22  
P

Overspeeding would toss that snow great....

Until the gearbox blows up, which wouldn't take long.

540 implements don't like running at 1000.
Disagree from the standpoint that you dont have to run at full revs. Running 540 implement @ 6- 700 is highly beneficial sometimes and very unlikely to exceed the design margin of the gearbox.
larry

/ What Is The 960 PTO Used For. #23  
Disagree from the standpoint that you dont have to run at full revs. Running 540 implement @ 6- 700 is highly beneficial sometimes and very unlikely to exceed the design margin of the gearbox.
larry
I agree for the 600-700 RPM range. I wouldnt go over 700 though.

Aaron Z

/ What Is The 960 PTO Used For. #24  
That was the reason for the question. When cleaning up that very light snow (big yard) after all the major snow is done. Can I use the 960 range and lower the engine RPM so the blower is still at it rated RPM .
As this 960 PTO range is not marked on the tach. What RPM should the engine be run at.
I guess this is not a common practice to use the 960 range with a lower engine RPM.

My Kioti 3054xs has the dual pto options(same 1.375 6 spline shaft); I've found the engine must be run at 1500+/- to get your 540 on the implement. I use it for light snowfalls when 2600 seems excessive

I'm not sure there would be a great benefit. Most diesels are pretty dern efficient at PTO speed and they are matched to the engine power curve for torque. Going low "could" lug the engine easier. Just a thought

larry

True. but I would rather point out the $$ of overspeeding the gear box, the auger and drive chain etc. The question was only narrowly answered by me, your addition is more complete. (thanks!). Maybe I'm the only one that frequently winds up edging the throttle up and up and up?

/ What Is The 960 PTO Used For. #25  
That was the reason for the question. When cleaning up that very light snow (big yard) after all the major snow is done. Can I use the 960 range and lower the engine RPM so the blower is still at it rated RPM .
As this 960 PTO range is not marked on the tach. What RPM should the engine be run at.
I guess this is not a common practice to use the 960 range with a lower engine RPM.

My Kioti 3054xs has the dual pto options(same 1.375 6 spline shaft); I've found the engine must be run at 1500+/- to get your 540 on the implement. I use it for light snowfalls when 2600 seems excessive

I'm not sure there would be a great benefit. Most diesels are pretty dern efficient at PTO speed and they are matched to the engine power curve for torque. Going low "could" lug the engine easier. Just a thought

larry

True. but I would rather point out the $$ of overspeeding the gear box, the auger and drive chain etc. The question was only narrowly answered by me, your addition is more complete. (thanks!). Maybe I'm the only one that frequently winds up edging the throttle up and up and up?

/ What Is The 960 PTO Used For. #26  
HP = torque * RPM

So if you double the RPM, you can transmit double the power at the same torque. That's why the bigger equipment has the higher RPM. They can use a lighter cheaper PTO shaft to transmit more power. Just need to make sure things are better balanced & have good bearings.

/ What Is The 960 PTO Used For. #27  

If I'm blowing 3/4 inches of dry, fluffy snow I see no reason to run 2600 and the tractor runs normal temps at 1500 with the grill closure

/ What Is The 960 PTO Used For. #28  
One word can answer your question the 960 setting on your tractor is for the mid pto for a BELLYMOWER

/ What Is The 960 PTO Used For. #29  
I have no mid PTO capability, nor does Kioti make or supply a MMM for my unit. I've no idea why it has the 1000 PTO option, but I use it fairly often and it works well for light snow removal and/or chipping

/ What Is The 960 PTO Used For. #30  
Sure. ... But always NICE to have the option for greater PTO rpm. And the judgement to use it.
larry