Chains Removing rear tires from a Yanmar Sc2450

/ Removing rear tires from a Yanmar Sc2450 #1  

mtech

Tractor
Yanmar Sc2450
Just acquired some custom made chains for my Yanmar Sc2450 rear tires. They will be needed for an upcoming project. I have to fit some ladder links, remove links, etc. so its definitely more time effective to remove the tire and then fit the chain initially. The rear tires have 16mm bolts, same as the front, but I can't budge them. I didn't want to force them for fear of snapping them off and didn't know and can't find information if they may have left handed threads. If I can find out what thread direction the bolts are, then I won't be so gentle in trying to remove them. Anyone have any information?

/ Removing rear tires from a Yanmar Sc2450 #2  
I haven't seen any left handed threads on any tractors. I do seem to recall that an older model (40s or 50s) car had them on one side which PO all the new owners. From 8N to todays tractors including a Yanmar I had, all bolts tightened clockwise and loosened counter-clockwise.

/ Removing rear tires from a Yanmar Sc2450
Good Morning Gary,
Thanks for the quick reply and information. While I was having this trouble of removing the tires, I mentioned it to several guys I work with, one of them posed the question about left handed threading and all I could do was shrug my shoulders, I didn't know and couldn't find any information. I bought the 2450 in August of 2013 and its my first one, so that puts me in the NUG category of tractor owners (New Useless Guy). After 45 years in the nuclear, fossil fuel, electrical, and steam industry, I'm a big fan of anti-seize and thread lubricant, so I was being very cautious. Thanks again for the information, a great day to you, be safe.

Ray

/ Removing rear tires from a Yanmar Sc2450 #4  
They should be lefty-loosey, righty-tighty. Torque spec for fronts and rears is 52-59 Ft-lbs.

/ Removing rear tires from a Yanmar Sc2450 #5  
I zip mine on and off with an electric impact they are right hand threads

Thanks for the reply Katahdin, it is much appreciated.

Thanks for the reply deanwerden, it is appreciated.

/ Removing rear tires from a Yanmar Sc2450 #8  
Why take the tires off? I find it easier to put them on with the tires on the tractor.