Ok old subject of Trans Hyd oil

/ Ok old subject of Trans Hyd oil #11  
In my case Kubota oil wasn't much higher than any other brand of comparable oil.

/ Ok old subject of Trans Hyd oil #12  
Mistaken belief that all oils are from only a few different manufacturers with only the label changed. I am speaking from the development side, not that I'm a chemical engineer but have worked with the chemical engineer assigned to support our product group to solve problems we've got in. We've worked with our prime oil supplier to develop certain oils that even that oil company cannot supply for a specific time period as we paid the development cost. We've gone through the quandary - if we specify changing oil every 5,000 hours and the customer uses our oil they will expect 20,000 hour B10 life (10% will have failures in 20,000 hours). If we factory fill and seal for life the customer would expect 15,000 hour B10 life. If, however, the customer uses a commercially available similar oil and changes at 5,000 hours they will expect a B10 life in the 8,000 - 10,000 hour range. So should we seal for life and give the customer 15,000 hours, or should we specify changing oil at 5,000 hours hoping that the customer uses the right oil and easily last the life of the machine? It's a tough decision. It would be great to be able to design something that would live yo the customer's expectations with the cheapest oil out there but you know you are taking so much more away from them, like adding costly treatments to parts that enable them to live under extreme conditions. Should everyone pay 10% more for a machine because some want to use substandard lube yet expect it to live? I've done that for some military contracts because the military cannot guarantee what will be used on a Middle East battlefield and mechanical breakdowns are life and death differences. It's a real tough problem for the OEM.

/ Ok old subject of Trans Hyd oil #13  
I ask this back in 2009 what does UDT stand for. Get this "Universal Dynamic Tractor" fluid. All I could think of was "WOW batman".

/ Ok old subject of Trans Hyd oil
Ok this is what I am looking for and I understand what you are saying, the answer seems to be buy from the dealer and pay the high price to protect and put a lot of good hrs on your equipment, and I am sure this is done and I know for a fact this topic has been talked about more than any other. So what it boils down to is buy from your dealer buy the brand oil kubota, John deere, Case, and so on and hope you are getting what you paid for? And how would anyone know this is true?

/ Ok old subject of Trans Hyd oil #15  
How would you know it's not true??

Buy what makes you feel good. If it provides the service you require, life is good. If it does not provide that service, then adjust.

I was looking hard at AMSOIL synthetic. Would have cost me an extra $100. I thought I'd give Kubota oil a try. I'm satisfied with my results. Not in any way saying one is better or worse than the other. It simply made me feel good.

/ Ok old subject of Trans Hyd oil #17  
I typically use Mobil 1 TDT engine oil in my diesels. (gave Rotella T6 a try last time but I'll switch back to Mobil). But for the hydraulic fluid, I use the bulk fluid from my farm supply store. Massey recommends Permatran 3, and so that's the kind I get. I like to change fluids probably more than I should, so I like the money savings for my once a year (or more) hydro fluid changes, and I don't feel like there's enough of a difference to make it worth spending the extra.

But I like the sound of the engine better with the Mobil one TDT, especially vs the Rotella. In my truck too... The injectors had less stiction with Mobil.

/ Ok old subject of Trans Hyd oil #18  
Explain to us why you would change your Hyd oil once a year or more?? By your signature you've only put 400 hrs on your latest tractor. Why would you think it needed changed?

/ Ok old subject of Trans Hyd oil #19  
Well, I did the first change which was at 50 I think, maybe 100. It's written down somewhere. I did another at the end of the season because I get a little loss here-and-there during implement use and changes (depending on which implement I use that hooks up to the hydraulics). Those connections get dirty so I assume that dirt/dust particles get into the fluid. Since it's low from time to time and I have to add more, I just change it once a year. Twice this year because of the initial change. I know it's overkill. Can't help it tho, I like having clean fluids