What can I do with A 24HP tractor ?

/ What can I do with A 24HP tractor ? #21  
You can get a lot of use out of a 24 HP tractor, either in a smaller frame or larger. As has been mentioned, unless ground engaging or high PTO use, a 24 HP is just about as good as a larger tractor. Uses less fuel too.

On your MT2501, do you have a back ballast like a brush hog on the 3 pt? The farther out back the ballast is, the more weight it will take off of your front axle when using the FEL. Hence easier to turn without power steering.

/ What can I do with A 24HP tractor ? #22  
Max 28, Kioti, or LS is what your looking for for value. Kubota best quality, Deere is too much money for what you get.
For example:
Kubota B7200D 4x4 With loader

/ What can I do with A 24HP tractor ? #23  
I Traded in my 2002 Kubota B7500 for $8500 a few years ago, it had less than 300 hours on it. A used tractor like that would be perfect for what you are wanting to do..If you want new, look at LS or Kioti. But a good used low hours modern tractor with power steering would be fine an should easily fit in your budget. As others have said, don't get hung up on horsepower, look at weight and size to to get the work you want done. Don't buy a lawn mower, when you need a tractor.

/ What can I do with A 24HP tractor ? #24  
I like my 2003 30hp 9X3 NH TC30 manual gear. It has a 5' bucket that I can fill heaping with gravel from the pile and dump it where I want. Handy size. If it was much bigger, the maneuverability would have impacted some of the jobs I have done.
Stick with your budget. I bought used and have been pleased.

/ What can I do with A 24HP tractor ? #25  
I sold a very clean Kubota L3130 HST earlier this year, with a quick attach 72" HD bucket, filler rear tires and NO issues at all. For $13,700. It would have been a great machine for your work. Not a lot of horse power, but plenty of weight and function. Add a toothbar to whatever you get for digging power. If you need rear weight, build a ballast box, or hang a HD rear blade of some sort. I welded up this ballast box from 2x2x1/4 angle, and filled with rocks, it's easily over 500 lbs. Cost was under $100, but I had the non-angle steel scraps around.

P1010743.JPG

/ What can I do with A 24HP tractor ? #27  
   / What can I do with A 24HP tractor ? #28  
Hmm. Wonder if this is the same MT2501 that the OP just bought and is thinking of selling (see his post 1).

Doubtful since the OP's MT2501 did not have power steering (which was his stated problem with it in post 1) and the one I linked to has power steering.

/ What can I do with A 24HP tractor ? #30  
Get you a Ford 3600. Plenty of HP and weight, plus $6K under your budget.