Mahindra 8560 manual primer pump stuck?

/ Mahindra 8560 manual primer pump stuck? #1  

HFarm

Tractor
Oliver,International, Mahindra
I have an Mahindra 8560 which has lost it's prime to the fuel injector pump. You should be able to prime the pump with the manual pump by the fuel filters. However the pump handle cannot be lifted to operate it. The last time I used it when I changed the fuel filters it worked fine. I can unscrew the handle to release it, but the pump handle then cannot be lifted to operate the pump. The injector pump lost it prime when some brush it the hose leading from the fuel filters to the injector pump causing it to come lose and thus the prime was lost. Has anyone had the issue of not being able to get the pump to operate or become stuck?

Thanks

/ Mahindra 8560 manual primer pump stuck? #2  
I'm trying to find the plunger so i can see what and where it is mounted. Help.

http://www.mahindradispro.com/PiecesCatalogue/Mahindra/8560/8560parts 4wd Cab_PM_en_2009-11-25.pdf

Looking at the design should answer your question. Thinking aloud, weak return spring, corrosion, or vacuum holding it down?

If the primer pump is on the fuel filter housing, try loosening and removing the fuel filter, filling it up with diesel and screwing it back on. See if by breaking the seal, the plunger pump doesn't pop back up.

/ Mahindra 8560 manual primer pump stuck? #3  
Crack the line down stream of the first filter and crank the engine. While cranking..........have someone tighten the line. Do that again on the second filter. Repete until all air is out.
hugs, Brandi