New/old tractor

/ New/old tractor #1  

bassgrinder

Tractor
Case 580CK
Picked up a case model D around 1952 vintage nice-looking tractor was not running. How tempting is that, $750 a poke here and a prod there (set the mag timing, fought with the points) and it runs pretty darn good. I'm pretty happy it was a little bit of risk but yet again not too much I'm not sure I could buy the tires for $750 no pics yet hope to post them soon maybe even a short Vid of pulling my homemade field drag in the pasture. I have run about half a tank of fuel and I am already used to the hand clutch, well mostly every once in a while when I want to stop it takes me a second to remember.

/ New/old tractor #2  
Sounds like you got a heck of a bargain! Enjoy and be safe in your antique tractor adventures.

/ New/old tractor #3  
Nice tractor, I had an SC years ago with the eagle hitch and a remote outlet that I used to power a hydraulic winch. Had a good time with it, converted it to 12 volts which made it start quicker. Lots of people back in the day would substitute the 6v battery with an 8v which also worked better. If I had another one of these tractors I would retrofit a quick hitch to fit the eagle claw hitch to make it easier to use standard implements. Without butchering the original.

Have fun with it, the D is larger than the SC iirc.