3-Point Hitch who uses a quick hitch adapter ?

/ who uses a quick hitch adapter ? #1  

fdrr

Tractor
Kubota L5030 GSTsoon to be Kubota M7060 HDC12
I am contemplating the purchase of a quick hitch adapter for my M7060HDC12 Kubota.. Most of my attachment are cat I, so i have to make some adjustments, my local Kubota dealer said that QH is more trouble that it is worth. Looks like a good thing to me as some times it is a pain in the butt to hook up my scraper box and mower..Any comments?

/ who uses a quick hitch adapter ? #2  
I have the harbor freight one, it works well for me. I currently have 3 implements, my 5 ` rototiller, subsoiler and a heavy hitch. the rototiller and subsoiler fit perfectly , however I did have to grind some off the top mount of the heavy hitch. I find it works rather well. 006.jpg

/ who uses a quick hitch adapter ? #3  
I just bought one this past week. It was a bit of a pita to set up, but that is done now and only time will tell if it works out good for me.

/ who uses a quick hitch adapter ? #4  
I bought a rather expensive one (SpeeCo over $200) but it came with an adapter for those implements that are not "quick hitch" oriented . It has proven it's worth many times. You have to get adapter sleeves which go on your implements. Northern Products seem to have the cheapest available. I especially like it for not having the need the snap pins anymore. If I have not lost 3 dozen of these things in the woods , I haven't lost any. Hook ups are simplified so I do not understand what your Kubota dealer is talking about. There might be a need to be sure you have the correct length pto shaft as it makes hook ups come out further but a telescoping shaft mitigates that problem.

Last edited:
   / who uses a quick hitch adapter ? #5  
I have the Landpride QH15 for cat 1. Some of my implements are cat 2 as well and there are no issues after getting it set up.

The problem for me is my box blade isn't quick hitch compatible, and I do plan on modifying it at some point, but the reason I like the QH15 so much is because the top hook on it is adjustable up/down. So, although I sometimes need to get off the tractor and mess with the hook, it is still WAY faster and less aggravating than not having it.

Also, do yourself a favor and buy a bunch of bushings to bring your lower link pins (on the implements) up to cat 3 sizing. It fits nice and snug in the quick hitch hooks.

Attachments

• image-1970335580.jpg
    image-1970335580.jpg
    617.3 KB · Views: 1,529
   / who uses a quick hitch adapter ? #6  
I have the Landpride QH15 for cat 1. Some of my implements are cat 2 as well and there are no issues after getting it set up.

The problem for me is my box blade isn't quick hitch compatible, and I do plan on modifying it at some point, but the reason I like the QH15 so much is because the top hook on it is adjustable up/down. So, although I sometimes need to get off the tractor and mess with the hook, it is still WAY faster and less aggravating than not having it.

Also, do yourself a favor and buy a bunch of bushings to bring your lower link pins (on the implements) up to cat 3 sizing. It fits nice and snug in the quick hitch hooks.

:thumbsup: I have the same set-up and I love it..

/ who uses a quick hitch adapter ? #7  
I like the I match. Hitch if you want fast changes without help get one.

/ who uses a quick hitch adapter ? #8  
I also have the Harbor Freight one and love it. Usually pretty easy to drop something off but hooking up may require me to get off the seat and line or lift something up a tad. But I haven't tried anything that requires the PTO hooked up.

/ who uses a quick hitch adapter ? #9  

+1 to this. Without the extra bushings, my landscape rake and box blade have way to much play in the lower connectors. No need to buy the $35 "quick hitch adapters" at Tractor Supply -- just make your own using their $4 bushings (one inside the other.) With the bushings, the fit is perfect and there is no play.

I don't know what your dealer is talking about, unless there is something unique with your particular tractor that makes it different from my 2320. I absolutely love my quick hitch, and I've taken it off the tractor a total of 1 time since I got it, and that was to pick up a piece of equipment that was non-standard the first time. A quick 15 minute weld-up-an-adapter-in-the-shop trip later, and it fit the quick hitch perfectly. I also made a couple of stands for my rake and carry-all that let me store the implements at the perfect height to just back up, connect, and go.

In addition, I've found it makes for a pretty usable poor-man's skidding arch in a pinch. It's not ideal for that since it puts the butt end of the log close to the tractor and the center-of-gravity above the drawbar, but it works for moving stuff on the occasion I need to skid a log into position to cut it up.

The other plus I've found is that with the quick hitch on, I don't have to worry about cutting the PTO shaft or using a different shaft when I rent a piece of equipment. Without the hitch, my 2320 usually requires 1-2" to be cut off the shaft for a proper fit.

/ who uses a quick hitch adapter ? #10  
I have an older Deere QH. This one does not have the adjustable top hook and I have two older implements that aren't QH compatible.
For the implements that are QH compatible (an RFM that stays on most of the summer), a ballast box and a rotary cutter, the QH is a great tool.One of these days, I'll modify those two non-compatible implements.
Rigging or removing the QH can be a pain...it was, until I built a QH dolly. Without the dolly, it required 3 hands to hook up to the tractor, plus trying to hold a 60-70 lb QH in position. With the dolly, it's a piece of cake!

Now, adding a QH to the 3PH does extend the implement hook up about 4-5 inches further away from the tractor's PTO stub shaft. You do want to consider that in you have any implement drive shafts with marginal overlap.