Bucket hooks on round top bucket

/ Bucket hooks on round top bucket #21  
Good ideas posted so far.

BUT...don't put hooks outside of the FEL boom arms!!!!! It is a way to tweak your loader arms when lifting something heavy from one side. Not to mention the possibility of tipping the tractor.

Even though the normal grab hooks are not designed to weld on, they work just fine. The round back on them fits over the pipe well enough to get a weld in to fill up any gaps.

I prefer the heavy angle iron solution. Since you have a level indicator it isn't convenient to go all the way across the bucket. So a foot-long piece should make for a perfect mount for a flat-backed weld-on hook. One in the middle and one lined up with each FEL boom should work fine for a total of three.

It hasn't been mentioned before, but an additional hook on the back of the bucket, between where the booms attach, will give the greatest lift ability and can be useful at times.

First photo - rear bucket hook,
Second - tweaked FEL (hard to see because of grease but the gap is not square with the hydraulic cylinder.)

DSC00470.JPG Tweak.JPG

/ Bucket hooks on round top bucket
WLL is generally 1/4 of break force, not 1/2.

You are correct. I thought it is was 1/2 but it is 1/4. That makes my point even more valid. These hooks and your bolt on assemblies are WAY stronger than any force compact tractors can apply. I watched your you tube proof testing videos and they were pretty cool and just confirm what we already assumed.

The kicker is though that the weak point is the bucket / arms. Not necessarily bolts pulling through the bucket or welds tearing out which your tests showed was unlikely but the whole bucket bending. I have seen bent buckets creased in the middle from a large load attached at the top center. I also have seen bent loader arms from hanging a heavy load off of one corner. The result is a bucket where one side is digging in the ground and the other is not even touching. Once it happens it is very hard to get straight again.

/ Bucket hooks on round top bucket #23  
don't put hooks outside of the FEL boom arms!!!!! It is a way to tweak your loader arms when lifting something heavy from one side. Not to mention the possibility of tipping the tractor.

Overly simplistic, I think. You can bend/break/damage any number of ways.
I put 'em where I need 'em. Don't over-do it and it'll be fine.

/ Bucket hooks on round top bucket #24  
Overly simplistic, I think. You can bend/break/damage any number of ways.
I put 'em where I need 'em. Don't over-do it and it'll be fine.

I thought he was making a very good point. I also agree with you that anything can be damaged by overdoing it

/ Bucket hooks on round top bucket #25  
   / Bucket hooks on round top bucket #26