Problem leveling 3-point equipment...

/ Problem leveling 3-point equipment... #1  

Blackjackfarm

Tractor
John Deere 5095M
I have a 3-point digger and yesterday I borrowed the neighbors 3-point disc and I have the same problem with both.

In order to raise it up high enough so the back of the implement doesn't hit the ground, I have to shorten the top link. When I get to the field and lower the piece and start forward, the back of the implement isn't touching the ground, so I have to lengthen the top link in order to level the implement and get the back and front in the ground. When I get to the end of the field and want to raise the implement and make the turn, I can't get the back of the implement high enough.

My JD 5095 has mounting spots on the back of the tractor for the top link, I tried all three holes yesterday, adjusting the top link also but I still couldn't get the **** disk leveled out. Which hole should I be using? Now I'm going to move onto the digger in the next few days on my bigger plots but I know I'll have the same problem. Frustrating.

Any suggestions?

/ Problem leveling 3-point equipment... #2  
I'd run two chains from the rear corners of the disc to the top of the hitch on the disc. Hook the disc to the tractor, move to level ground, lower the disc and then take the slack out of the chains.

Good luck.

/ Problem leveling 3-point equipment... #3  
Check to see if the lower arms have an adjustment. Some do. Some will move the vertical piece going to rock shaft forward or back on arms. Others move the arms on side of tractor. See if you can get more lift this way.

See if there is anything missing on disk to hold rear gangs level with front. Also is there more than one top link hole on disk.

The other option is a hydraulic top link.

/ Problem leveling 3-point equipment... #4  
When the lower link arm are level the top link should be level also. If not then the top mount on the implement is to high. If you can't lower it on the implement then it's hyd top link the only way out.

/ Problem leveling 3-point equipment...
When the lower link arm are level the top link should be level also. If not then the top mount on the implement is to high. If you can't lower it on the implement then it's hyd top link the only way out.

I will check the alignment, thanks!!

Any recommendations on a hydraulic top link?

/ Problem leveling 3-point equipment... #6  
As for your question, you will get the most lift at the rear of the implement with the top link in the lowest hole of the three on the tractor.

/ Problem leveling 3-point equipment... #7  
<snip>
Any recommendations on a hydraulic top link?

Yes - Brian (MtnViewRanch).
Highly recommended.

Sysop is giving you good advice - play around with the different hitch pin adjustments and see what effect subtle changes in hitch geometry have on the range of implement motion - you may be surprised.

/ Problem leveling 3-point equipment...
Yes - Brian (MtnViewRanch).
Highly recommended.

Can you give me a little more info?? Website? Brand name?

Sysop is giving you good advice - play around with the different hitch pin adjustments and see what effect subtle changes in hitch geometry have on the range of implement motion - you may be surprised.

I believe you, there has to be a way, but I spent quite a bit of time on Sunday putting the top-link into the different holes, turning it, trying again, thats why I came here to try and find an answer. I'm at the point to where I'm ready to start my food plots and instead of spending more time with that 3 point digger I'm going to hitch onto a big heavy disk that I have and get'er done.

/ Problem leveling 3-point equipment... #10  
post a pic of it hooked up and one of the lift arms