Added a skid steer adaptor to my JD 5520 and JD 790 QA loaders

/ Added a skid steer adaptor to my JD 5520 and JD 790 QA loaders #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
My Deere 5520 with a QA loader is great but I couldn't use skid steer attachments with it without an adaptor. I thought about it for a few years and finally bought an adaptor. I didn't want to make one because of all the fab work required and the prospects of not getting it exact, which it needs to be. This one is exact and very rugged. It was made by an Amish shop in Holmes County, Ohio and they did a great job.

IMG_3410.JPG

IMG_3411.JPG

In the above two pics you can get a good view of the adaptor. It's heavy and awkward so there is a piece of wood propping it up. Note the two sets of the pins on the bottom that allow me to use it on both my JD 5520 as well as JD 790. I like that. It slip fits on to the pins of either tractor with great precision. I leave the QA on the loader and just slip into the unit like it was a regular QA implement.

IMG_3412.JPG

The above photo is the primary reason for the purchase. I's a "tree shovel" and allows me to use either tractor to move trees. I can also move rocks or quickly dig holes, etc. I have already moved as much as a 10' Norway Spruce with the JD 5520 (85 hp) and smaller trees and bushes with the JD 790. It's easy when the ground is wet but a little tougher when dry. This tree shovel alone makes it worth it.

IMG_3413.JPG

IMG_3415.JPG

I also got an adaptor to go from skid steer to 3 point so I can use a rock rake up front as well as well as a platform. A bucket is too awkward for some things and the platform on an adaptor better and easier for my use.

Best of all I don't have to screw around with loader pins but can just slip in to the unit with my Deere QA loader. In 30 seconds I'm good to go. Next up I'll get a set of forks.

/ Added a skid steer adaptor to my JD 5520 and JD 790 QA loaders #2  
I could of used a QA adapter like that yesterday. Left my skid steer at dad's but brought the attachments we were done with home. I had to use the 790 with it's JD style forks to unload everything. It would have been much faster if I had that adapter. Do you have a link for the manufacture. Thanks

/ Added a skid steer adaptor to my JD 5520 and JD 790 QA loaders #3  
Yes, Mr. Sixdogs, posting a link or name of your fabricators would be helpful for all concerned.

/ Added a skid steer adaptor to my JD 5520 and JD 790 QA loaders
I could of used a QA adapter like that yesterday. Left my skid steer at dad's but brought the attachments we were done with home. I had to use the 790 with it's JD style forks to unload everything. It would have been much faster if I had that adapter. Do you have a link for the manufacture. Thanks

Yes, Mr. Sixdogs, posting a link or name of your fabricators would be helpful for all concerned.

Sorry for delay. It's Mast Farm Service in Millersburg, Ohio and my adaptor was a custom build. Their website is a little light but does list the basics of what they build as stock items and their quality is the best I have ever seen. It is absolutely perfect, in my opinion. My SSQA to 3point adaptor also came from them and is excellent quality. The tree shovel came from a farm auction.

Mast Farm Service - Inventory Search

I first saw their products at a farm show and they had an adaptor as a sample. They are a very nice small family business. Since they do a lot of custom work, some of their prices are missing but readily available if they know what you want.