Where do you store your tractor?

/ Where do you store your tractor? #1  

Redcut

Tractor
Yanmar
My new Yanmar has taken over my truck's space in the garage. I would eventually like to build a small barn to house it. Any idea what designs work? My tractor is about 14' and I would also like to have enough room for the other shed type stuff (shovels, rakes, snowblower, lawn mower, power washer, etc). What size or features should I consider? What works for you or what would you do differently?

/ Where do you store your tractor? #2  
I built a 24x27 out building with a loft for ~$30K. I wouldn't do anything differently with that budget. However, with more budget I would go bigger. At this point I may eventually add a shed roof off the back and both sides for more space. As it is, I can keep my truck, too tractors, zero turn, log splitter, dune buggy and work bench on the first floor. The loft has a pool table and lots of storage under the lower parts of the roof.

IMG-20141220-00868.jpgimage.jpg

/ Where do you store your tractor? #3  
In the garage beside my wife's CRV. My truck stays out doors in the weather.

CantHook.JPG

gg

/ Where do you store your tractor? #4  
I have found the larger the building the more stuff you will buy to fill it up.

Window are great for additional light. Vents to keep it cool in summer. Closeable vents to keep it warmer in winter.
Concrete floor.

Good luck with your project.

/ Where do you store your tractor?
That's a good looking barn Ron. I hope not to need anything bigger than that. Odd measure though. How did you end up at 27' and not 26 or 28?

/ Where do you store your tractor? #6  
I like humidity control where my tractor is stored.

You can buy a medium size dehumidifier from Amazon, then easily plumb it to exhaust condensed water outside.

/ Where do you store your tractor? #7  
That's a good looking barn Ron. I hope not to need anything bigger than that. Odd measure though. How did you end up at 27' and not 26 or 28?

It was a zoning issue and I didn't have the money to go for an exception. Original plan was 24x30. In my zoning we have a max square footage for out buildings a and I already had another building eating into that total squad footage.

/ Where do you store your tractor? #8  
image.jpg I had a 20x40 built cost was $2400 total. Things I would do different make it a little deeper maybe 24' and a free span on at least one side instead the 4 post cause I can't get a few pieces of equipment between the post. I did build a smaller 20x20 with one side 12' wide but I wish had done it on this one and not the one by the house,cause my 15ft batwing takes up the one side now.

/ Where do you store your tractor? #9  
My Yanmar LX shares a 25x25' detached garage with the wife's 66' MGB 'project'

Implements go in a 1950 30x40' barn along with other family junk. Barn leans over the edge of a hill and needs some ground/floor support work (wood plank floor) so I don't want to put the full weight of the tractor in there.

Our daily drivers (jeep tj and mini cooper) stay outside. Eventually I'd like to replace the old barn with one that has reinforced concrete floors on level ground but I'd like to finish paying off the mortgage first.

/ Where do you store your tractor? #10  
I like humidity control where my tractor is stored.

You can buy a medium size dehumidifier from Amazon, then easily plumb it to exhaust condensed water outside.

I like dry storage as well and would use a dehumidifier if needed. However, the barn is so dry without one that bare metal doesn't rust. I made the floor about 1 foot above the existing grade and then built up the sides so that water runs away. I think this helps a lot in keeping it bone dry in there. I also have 30" overhand on the roof all the way around and this keeps it dry too.