Off-road (red dye) diesel

/ Off-road (red dye) diesel #1  

STx

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC40 DA, Deere 17D, Hyster SX50 forklift, Case D450, Kubota ZD1011-54, International Dump Truck, Kubota SVL-952S, Volovo EC250DL
How many of you you guys run off-road diesel in your tractors? Where do those of you that do get it from?

I'd really like to get a 55g drum of off-road diesel to just keep at the shop to refuel the tractor from instead of having to file for a refund on the road use tax from pump diesel but I'm having a hard time finding where to buy it...

/ Off-road (red dye) diesel #2  
I run it all the time. My local Phillips 66 carries it here in town. Have found it at truck stops also.
Have you used an online search? Are you need a small farm town or elevator? Might contact a COOP dealer and ask for locations.

/ Off-road (red dye) diesel #3  
I get it at the local feed store, Cenex is the company.
Looks like one in Cypress, TX.

/ Off-road (red dye) diesel #4  
I get mine at self fueling stations for diesel over the road trucks, they can't use the red dye fuel in their trucks, but it is there for refer units and off road equipment,dozers etc.

/ Off-road (red dye) diesel #5  
I have mine delivered from the local bulk distributor but he requires 150 gallon minimum purchase to avoid a delivery charge. We split the delivery with my brother in law who is just across the pond from my house so it is considered as one stop. We have to check the pricing before hand to make sure it is cheaper than at the pumps when the price is fluctuating up and down rapidly. He charges what he paid for it when he filled his bulk tank + seller commission of course. So if he bought high and the prices fell he could be higher than pump price. So far we have beat the price at the pumps by more than $1.00 per gallon by watching for his lowest price.

Check around for bulk distribution companies in the phone book. You can likely just take your drum to them and they will fill it at their business site.

/ Off-road (red dye) diesel #6  
I buy my fuel from my neighbor, I either bring my tank over when I'm empty or have them swing over to fill it.

/ Off-road (red dye) diesel #7  
Bulk fuel companies here sell it and have a 100 gal min delivery, but they told me that if I called and said bring me some fuel next time you are in the area he would deliver 50. It would just take 3 or 4 days. I need to do that, I keep putting it off.

/ Off-road (red dye) diesel #8  
Our local fuel distributor has pumps at their depot for highway and off-road diesel, and kerosene. I just drop by with a couple of cans when I need fuel and pick it up.

Terry

/ Off-road (red dye) diesel #9  
I use red-dyed home heating fuel in my tractor. I don't have a bulk storage method, so I just buy two 20 liter jug fillups when I need it, from a pump at any of several local gas stations.

/ Off-road (red dye) diesel #10  
That's all I run in mine. I am very fortunate, there's a store just 3/8 mile up the road that sells it, I just drive right up to the pump and fill 'er up. They serve most all of the logging crews in the area so they are the main reason they offer the red dye diesel. Very convenient for me!