CAV injector pump question

/ CAV injector pump question #1  

jclaudii

Silver Member
Tractor
MF35, Kubota7040, Case885, Ford 1100
I am replacing a few seals on my injector pump and had a quick question.

The metering valve adjustment screw, I took it off because I did not know what it was and put it back as best I can remember with the "wornish" part facing down. This is the part as seen in http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/parts-repairs/253353-mf135-injector-pump.html that is #102 and puts downward pressure on #78 (the metering valve). Mine is different and is not designed this way, but a little round nipple on a cam style push through bolt, you loosen the bolt and can rotate it left or right and it will increase the gap above themetering vavle or put positive pressure on the metering valve. From just looking at it, it appears to prevent the metering valve from having any up/down motion. But how do I put this back to where it was before?

I have looked through the CAV injection pump rebuild manual and did not find much info on this part or procedure.

Let me know if once I put the cap back on and tight, can I just loosen this bolt and turn it by hand until it makes contact with the metering lever and then tighten it back up?

Thanks!