JD 2520, 72" mmm, front draft arm and hangers

/ JD 2520, 72" mmm, front draft arm and hangers #1  

shawnhildreth2

Tractor
jd 2520
Owners of 2520 with 72" mmm, which front hanger?

I have a 2012 JD 2520 with a 72" mid-mount mower. When the deck is raised to the full up position, the draft arm rubs on the differential housing. This has caused significant wear to both the draft bar and differential housing. The dealer could not find the issue, and their fix was to adjust the rockshaft lever to limit the deck travel to 1". Now the deck barely goes up. The up-stop is supposed to be at 1/8th inch or less from the frame. Mine is at 2.5" from the frame at full up. To me, it seems it has the wrong draft bar or the wrong front attaching support kit (hanger). My invoice says I have a LVB25302. The dealer cant figure it out. Is this the correct front support bracket and draft arm? Any other ideas? Can somebody with this set-up take a picture of your draft arm and front support assembly?

Attachments

• 20150512_090746.jpg
    20150512_090746.jpg
    849 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
   / JD 2520, 72" mmm, front draft arm and hangers #2  
I had same problem with the 72" mower on my 1070 (similar deck, similar front attachment but not exactly the same). It looks to me like the deck is too far forward. That means backing off the threads on the front hangers and drawing more from the rear. This took some iterations with the fish plates mounted to the frame under the seat. When the deck is fully raised, it should be level. Is it ? I had a rear tire clearance problem (Either the deck hits the rear tires (or the deck hits the front tires in another position). Fix was a different front hanger bracket that dropped the levered hinge point down a few inches. That dropped the nose of the deck and let it fit farther behind the front tires and diff. When it was fully raised, it was horizontal. Just another reason to go with the rear mower. 84" on and off in 30 seconds.

/ JD 2520, 72" mmm, front draft arm and hangers #3  
Mine is close, it rubs part of the time. I don't think I could back the deck up either, it rubs the rear tires at times in uneven terrain. I have slight wear, I'm not too concerned with it at this point.