Oil & Fuel MFT30 water in crankcase after sitting all winter????

/ MFT30 water in crankcase after sitting all winter???? #1  

badfeesh2

Tractor
MF23Mustang/MFT30
Re: MFT30 water in crankcase after sitting all winter????

Quote Originally Posted by badfeesh2
Why would my crankcase be full of water after sitting all winter in my covered tractor shed. Had new oil and hydraulic fluid when put-away in early Dec.2014Cannot find freeze plug on motor either:Had bought in August,2014 and previous owner said head and block were good. Did I get scammed????

/ MFT30 water in crankcase after sitting all winter???? #3  
Do you have kids? I have seen many folks have kids play garage and put all kinds of fluids in things that were not supposed to be put in.

/ MFT30 water in crankcase after sitting all winter???? #4  
What do you mean " can't find freeze plug".

/ MFT30 water in crankcase after sitting all winter???? #5  
More info please, your post is confusing.
Water in crankcase, how far up dip stick?
What colour is oil?
If the coolant froze solid then the frost plugs and some coolant will be on the floor ,pushed out when the coolant froze. The coolant on the floor may have dried up and just left a stain.

/ MFT30 water in crankcase after sitting all winter????
Oil is greyish brown,dip stick level over double "full" line, this is gasoline powered engine, cant seem to locate freeze plug.Maybe behind starter??

/ MFT30 water in crankcase after sitting all winter???? #7  
Why the concern about "freeze plugs"? They don't always pop out when the coolant freezes because they weren't designed for that in the first place; they are there as an essential part of the casting process.

A better question to start with would be what temperature is the coolant good for?

/ MFT30 water in crankcase after sitting all winter???? #8  
Is it water or perhaps gasoline in the oil?

Probably not related but, I started up father in laws lawn mower (Craftsman 12 hp) and it belched smoke like there was no tomorrow.

Long story short, the gas tank had leaked all the oil through the engine and into the crank.

I had to dump the muck in the oil pan, put new oil in and could at least cut the grass.

I'm guessing without having yet taken it apart, I've (he's) got a float issue in the carb that isn't shutting the fuel off.

I keep thinking I need to get to this....and keep forgetting.

Good luck finding your issue.