still too wet

/ still too wet #1  

joeu235

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4020 / 6403 / 317 Ford 5600
I got all excited that it hadn't rained for two days and decided to work on some fences. It was a real short trip. Hopefully it drives right out in a couple days.

20150530_160606.jpg

Last edited:
   / still too wet #2  
Same here. I think I'll wait one more day to even mow....at least that's what the forecast is......viz., no rain.:cool2:

/ still too wet #3  
Yes.. Everything outdoors has been on hold for weeks! Trying to dig a water line trench ... it's full of water. Trying to start a new house ... ground is to soggy for equipment. Need to cut hay ... again, pastures just too soggy.

Looks like we may have 4 or 5 dry days on tap, so I'm hoping things will improve. I really need about 2 dry weeks but I'm not that optimistic.

/ still too wet #4  
I got all excited that it hadn't rained for two days and decided to work on some fences. It was a real short trip. Hopefully it drives right out in a couple days.

View attachment 427422

I know you guys have been getting it hard. I had to look twice to see where you were posting from because I thought it might be a joke.

Yesterday we had our first rainfall since it stopped snowing last March. It's been a real long dry spell. Very unusual for us to go this long especially in the Spring.

Please tell who ever directs the rain to you to send it here, as we need it.

/ still too wet #5  
You guys in the mid country have gotten some serious water and weather. I feel for you.

OldPilgram you must be in the wrong spot. We had 4" in the rain gauge this morning from Sat night and Sunday and it hasn't stopped raining yet. Our May was dryer than normal but just about right considering all the frost that was in the ground and the big snow melt. I was just getting ready to get in the woods again but will have to wait a while now with all this rain

gg.

/ still too wet #6  
Well, that first rain I mentioned above has been going for about 24 hours. It was a real downpour yesterday afternoon, and is still drizzling a little now. Rain gauge shows 2 1/8 inches in 24 hours. Looks like we'll have another 24 hours to go. I'm good with that....finally. We had no rain in April, no rain in May until the last day. I hope that's not a trend.

/ still too wet #9  
Starkiller Hollow, OK

Water up near 20' from top of dam. Outer road flooded so neighbors can't get out. Our Lake road flooded so could not get out with tractor. Can get up the mountain nearby. Down the mountain? - It's clay and needs to dry out.

Good news - you like rabbit stew? Lot of animals displaced. Neighbors picked up 3 large catfish where the outer road flooded.

Just a few more days and will get to do serious work (play on my tractor). Kioti Cowboy - cannot imagine having all that hay and not able to get to it:)

/ still too wet #10  
Well, that first rain I mentioned above has been going for about 24 hours. It was a real downpour yesterday afternoon, and is still drizzling a little now. Rain gauge shows 2 1/8 inches in 24 hours. Looks like we'll have another 24 hours to go. I'm good with that....finally. We had no rain in April, no rain in May until the last day. I hope that's not a trend.
That sounds like us 2 years ago except we got rain thru March then nothing more than a dust settler till end of Sept. Pastures all dried up to consistency of hay (what little grass was left that is). Last year was a bit dry but not so much that we needed to turn the sprinklers on for more than about 3 times. This year I have had to mow my yard with water standing in the lower areas. Springs are pouring constantly out of every hill like a 3/4" water hose running constantly. I finally had to get out the rubber boots and weed eater to do the area where the pond over flow run off goes since it has been constantly flowing all winter and spring. It has been so much runoff and so fast that I now have a natural drain ditch where I normally just had a widely spreading bunch of water that would run for a few days and then dry up.