Anybody have a new holland 3930?

/ Anybody have a new holland 3930? #1  

AlbertC

Silver Member
Tractor
New holland 3930
I have a 1999 new holland 3930. My tractor has a one cartridge fuel/ water separator. It does not look like the picture that came with my owners manual that shows two cartridge set up with a fuel filter and sediment separator.

I want to change the filter but am unsure about what to do, specifically whether or not I will have to bleed the system. I know that I need to shut off the fuel, remove old filter, fill new filter with fuel and re-install the new filter and then turn the shut off back on. But do I have to bleed the system anywhere or just try to start it back up.

Thanks for any help.

/ Anybody have a new holland 3930? #2  
You'll probably have to bleed the pump. Sometimes you can get lucky and it'll start. There's a bolt on top of the pump you loosen until fuel comes out, and then it's usually good to go.

/ Anybody have a new holland 3930? #3  
You'll probably have to bleed the pump. Sometimes you can get lucky and it'll start. There's a bolt on top of the pump you loosen until fuel comes out, and then it's usually good to go.

This, but I have never gotten lucky. Always had to bleed.

/ Anybody have a new holland 3930? #4  
Probably an aftermarket filter, but should have a bleed screw on top of the filter head. Do the procedure you described including bleeding the filter, then start the tractor with at least half throttle.