Pneumatic Grease gun?

/ Pneumatic Grease gun? #1  

tractchores

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota b2920
I'm considering whether its worth it to invest in a pneumatic grease gun. I've been having some hand issues (broke fingers in a car crash earlier this year and broke another finger again, plus a wrist injury). Squeezing the grease gun to grease up the tractor is difficult / painful. Has anyone else tried a air grease gun? Is it easier on the hands? Any pros or cons? I've got a good compressor in the shop, so that piece is already in place. I'm probably only greasing it up a few times per year (moderate home owner use).

thanks!

/ Pneumatic Grease gun? #2  
I had a pneumatic a number of years back. I ended up giving it away as I didn't care for it and went back to a conventional grease gun. A year or so ago purchased a Milwaukee M12 cordless grease gun and absolutely love it. In fact I bought a second one.

/ Pneumatic Grease gun? #3  
I have an air powered grease gun from Harbor Freight.
Love the air powered gun. Hate the Harbor Freight gun.
Get a quality gun if you get one.
I would give away my HF gun but it's not worth the cost of shipping.

Pooh Bear

/ Pneumatic Grease gun? #4  
I've got two air powered grease guns, one with the typical chassis grease and the other with grease for the backhoe and loader. Both have the lock-n-lube fittings on the end. One is from Harbor Freight and the other I bought at Autozone, that was four years ago. Both work fine and couldn't be happier.

/ Pneumatic Grease gun? #5  
You may want to look at the 18v or 20v grease guns. I have a DeWalt gun that runs on their 18v rechargeable battery and takes standard 14.5oz cartridges or you can bulk fill. It's long hose, variable speed and 2,000 PSI makes easy to grease even stubborn zerks. Wish I had bought one sooner.

/ Pneumatic Grease gun? #6  
   / Pneumatic Grease gun? #7  
I have several manual, one pneumatic, and one cordless.

The Lincoln cordless is by far the fastest, and most convenient to use. Especially, if you get the long hose.

I got a used one from work, and modified it to use my Ryobi 18 volt batteries, which I use a lot. That also eliminated the problem of having batteries that are ready to go.

I am so happy with the cordless, I turned down a used, full sized gas station pneumatic grease pump, when it was offered last week.

/ Pneumatic Grease gun? #8  
I also vote for cordless versus air. Too much hassle dealing with the air hose to suit me. Especially when trying to go around a 30ft long road grader. Cordless with a long hose takes all the work out of it. Biggest drawback is you will tend to overgrease, if there is such a thing. :)

/ Pneumatic Grease gun? #9  
I picked up the "upgraded" silver air gun from Harbor Freight, made by Central Pneumatic... I think $35 ? So far so good. Much easier than the manual gun. Had a couple zerks that were real difficult to get to on my mower with the manual gun, but the air gun makes it a breeze.

I've never used the cordless ones, didn't even know they existed until I saw this thread! Sounds more convenient than air, but what's the cost?

/ Pneumatic Grease gun? #10  
I would also recommend a cordless over air, I just bought a dewalt 20 v cordless and it is awesome , it will use over a case of greese on a full battery, and you can also fill it from a bulk container if you want