Seat safety

/ Seat safety #1  

hopm

Tractor
Jd m, JD40, JD40, JD40, MF 245, NH TC30
Just purchased a New Holland TC 30. Like everything about the tractor but all my tractors have been the old stuff. I can't get use to having to crank it every time I am on and off.....is there any combination to beat the seat safety.....I know its not a good thing anytime you are trying to beat safety....but most of the time I work alone (yes I know all the more reason to keep it)and I am constantly on and off pulling chains, hooking grabs, etc.

Thank you for any response

/ Seat safety #3  
I don't know abut the NH, but my L2501 Kubota will crank while I am standing on the ground as long as it is in neutral (both the gear shifter and the shuttle shift (HI-Low) and the pto must be off.
There is also a way to defeat the seat switch incorporated by cranking and engaging the pto and then getting up within a small amount of time, this is for running the pto on a generator where you would not be sitting in the seat all the time like mowing etc. Maybe your manual states such an arrangement for the pto and you could keep it running while getting on/off?

/ Seat safety #4  
On my Bobcat I can get off if the parking break is set.

/ Seat safety #5  
On my TC29DA you can get off with it running if parking brake is set and range is in neutral.

/ Seat safety #6  
My BX you can just get off and it will keep running. I do set the parking brake but don't have to.

/ Seat safety #7  
Most seat switches are bolted on right under the seat and if your not the type that wants to cut wires you can usually stick something between it to keep the plunger down and if you ever want to make it functional again you just pull what ever you stuck in there back out. I have seen some folks use plain old zip ties to keep the plunger down as well as small pieces of wood. Me personally I like cutting the wires and bypassing them permanently as they like 90% of the other safety features usually become a pain at some point and get disconnected for good on just about everything I own.

/ Seat safety #8  
On my JD the seat switch punger works two ways. Raise the seat and pull the plunger up and it continues to run. When I get back on the safety seat is activated.

/ Seat safety #9  
Mine lasted maybe and I do mean maybe all of 15 minutes. Taped that plunger down and bye bye to a major PITA

/ Seat safety #10  
On my TC29DA you can get off with it running if parking brake is set and range is in neutral.

Same with my JD 4105. It's never bothered me and, like the OP, I'm on & off + work alone.

Occasionally I will miss putting it into exactly neutral and the safety switch will remind me that all isn't right.

It just takes one instance of inattention and none of us are perfect so, I'd recommend not cheating the switch... but it's your tractor, Mate.