Oil & Fuel New Holland 7308 fuel line loose

/ New Holland 7308 fuel line loose #1  

johnkuhntx

Tractor
98 New Holland 7308
I am new to tractors and owning land and I have very little mechanical smarts. Anyway, I was mowing my field and stopped to move something. When I went back to the tractor I noticed a black hose on the right side (from the driver's perspective) down by the pedal, just sitting there. It had dirt in the end. When I touched it, diesel started coming out. I folded it up to stop the fuel coming out. I'm not sure where it is supposed to connect to? Can anyone help?

I also notice when I was poking around on the right side I notice a blue hose pointing straight down. Not sure what it's for. Thanks for any help. I'm new here, and I'm glad I found some place where I can ask questions.

/ New Holland 7308 fuel line loose #2  
So what model tractor is your 7308 mounted on?

/ New Holland 7308 fuel line loose #4  
I suspect it's a fuel return line, and should have once been connected to a point on top of the fuel tank. There should be two return lines on the top right, and the fuel supply to the filter is on the bottom right side of the tank.

/ New Holland 7308 fuel line loose
I suspect it's a fuel return line, and should have once been connected to a point on top of the fuel tank. There should be two return lines on the top right, and the fuel supply to the filter is on the bottom right side of the tank.

Thanks Harry. You are right. The line went back up to a overflow pan type thing around the gas cap. I had overfilled it, and the diesel that came out was from the overflow. Thanks for your help!