Air ride seat

/ Air ride seat #1  

popsie

Tractor
john deere 1026r, john deere 2030, ford 8n,Massey ferguson 230
I am looking at a john deere 5075e with cab. Does anyone know of an after market air ride seat I could install or add to seat. John deere only offers one in the 5085 and 5100e or an 50xxm tractor. I would appreciate any input

/ Air ride seat #2  
Ill sell you my 5085e, it has an air ride seat. I was in the same boat as you, could not find any seat options.

/ Air ride seat
I think that is a nice tractor but I am to short to see over new style hood

/ Air ride seat #4  
I don't think anyone outside the NBA is tall enough to see over the new FT4 hoods.

/ Air ride seat #5  
I am looking at a john deere 5075e with cab. Does anyone know of an after market air ride seat I could install or add to seat. John deere only offers one in the 5085 and 5100e or an 50xxm tractor. I would appreciate any input

Grammer 95 series.

This is what you want. Grammar seats are the OEM air seats for just about everybody.

Amazon.com : GRAMMER MSG95 AIR SUSPENSION SEAT CASE IH FORD NEW HOLLAND KUBOTA MASSEY WHITE : Other Products : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Seats are no big deal to install or get installed. If the seat is too low, add a mounting plate. You will beed to provide 12v fused power to the seat. You can add a 15 degree swivel to any Grammar seat. You can get different foam densities for lumbar support, or remove the lumbar support altogether if you're like me with fused back issues.

GRAMMER AG: MSG95 Series

The 95 series is a little plusher than the 83 or 85 series. Personally, I think you don't want the high-backed version, but you want the adjustable backrest version that is pictured at the Amazon link.

Anyway, seats were so confusing to me that I jumped in my truck and went to a Grammar manufacturing plant in Hudson, WI last year.

/ Air ride seat #6  
Look on the www. I have one with a high back and arm rests that came with my Branson new; even has their name on it. Compressor is under the seat and runs on 12v. Activation switch is between your legs at the bottom. Can't think of the brand but you can find them. Cost is about $500. Installation is 4 bolts and 2 wires. You won't be sorry you spent the money, I guarantee you. Or contact Branson and see what they want for theirs.

/ Air ride seat #7  
I wish I could use an air ride seat on my orange tractor (or at least one with some springs under it) but since adding the backhoe I can't. The backhoe included a swivel base for the stock seat. The swivel base raised the seat about 2 or 3 inches and the seat had to loose the short springs it was on. Now it feels like I'm riding on top of the tractor instead of sitting in it behind the wheel and the seat is solid mounted.

/ Air ride seat #8  
Dib, I bet you could replace the base with an air ride platform and put the swivel base on top of it without too much trouble. Lots of folks seem to get hung up when the bolt pattern doesn't match. I had '88 Pontiac Grand Am seats in my '89 Jeep wrangler because some numbnuts at Chrysler decided jeep drivers don't need to be able to recline. It took 2 pieces of bar stock and 4 bolts per side to fix that...

I just bought an air ride seat from the bone yard with 5 bladders and arm rests for my new dump truck project (C65 chevy), then noticed a couple really nice air seats on CL for 40 and 50 bucks. I might buy one of them just for the base so I can convert my tractor. That's what got me finding this thread in the first place. Seems like people just can't get beyond a mismatch at the mounting interface. It's not that tricky!