Kubota ZD21 Issues

/ Kubota ZD21 Issues #1  

DantesInferno

Tractor
Kubota ZD21, Kubota b2320
I'll start by saying I'm not mechanically inclined. I am a registered nurse so when you say solenoid or fuse please be specific because there is a good chance that you just went over my head. Given this, I'm an intelligent man and I trouble shoot most things rather well. Last week my wife ran our mower through fairly wet and muddy grass. Getting both water and mud all over the mower. When she returned the mower to the quonset hut the mower would not shut off. We tried standing up to cut it off, engauging the blades while standing, nothing until it finally just stopped....after calling out kubota dealer said it was likely the fuel solenoid was stuck. After googling that I went to that part on the tractor and was able to identify it and see that it is in fact moving, its the thing that clicks when you turn the key.

Anyway now the tractor wont start at all. When i turn the key it acts like the power is even dim to the light that shows the coils are heating. I hear the solenoid thing click and then nothing. Other times the lights are all glowing normal but after the coils are heated, nothing. I'm planning to clean and check my battery connections, manually spin the pto, and push the mower a few feet....thinking it may be a safety switch that i need to disengauge? Anything else I can do to trouble shoot the safety switches or any other advice?