Dozer operating fatality

/ Dozer operating fatality #1  

geneP

Platinum Member
Tractor
Case-International 385, Kubota L5450 w/LA1150A loader
   / Dozer operating fatality #2  
I feel for the family and friends of the deceased.

Unfortunately this type of accident is not that rare. I cringe at the popularity of pushing over trees with equipment that does not have a tree pusher attachment. It is a job that takes a lot of experience to do reasonably safely. Getting the experience separates the lucky from the very unlucky.

/ Dozer operating fatality #3  
from reading the article it makes no mention of roll over protection??

/ Dozer operating fatality #4  
from reading the article it makes no mention of roll over protection??

Even then a ROPS is only good in a rollover if the operator is wearing the seatbelt. Otherwise, you could still likely fall out of the operators station and likely be crushed.

Tragic for the gentleman, and his family, but I'm sure he was operating it in what he thought was a safe manner. It's exactly why they call them accidents.

/ Dozer operating fatality #5  
Even then a ROPS is only good in a rollover if the operator is wearing the seatbelt. Otherwise, you could still likely fall out of the operators station and likely be crushed.

Tragic for the gentleman, and his family, but I'm sure he was operating it in what he thought was a safe manner. It's exactly why they call them accidents.

In the mid 60's El Paso gas Co.had and employee killed in pick -up roll over (Before seat belts required.)

This accident caused the Safety Dept. to require seat belts to be put on all fuel burning and had a seat
type of equipment. And employee was working on pipeline right of way in Ariz. and going down hill transmission went to neutral and dozer speeded up so he lowered blade causing dozer to run over blade and roll front over the top to stop at bottom of the hill . with a very dirty but uninjured employee due to seat belt .
Had to go with Safety dept. and talk about his seat belt saving his life.
It sure put a stop to the grousing of men using equipment.
ken