how many people wax there tractor

/ how many people wax there tractor #51  
That is the problem that I have. I don't meet up to the expectation of the Benz driver that the company expects their customers to look like either. I like the reliability and durability and have owned them from long before they were fashionable. I remember the time that I took the car in to get the window switch fixed and it was full of dog hair. The mechanic told me in no uncertain terms that the dog had no right in the car. I told him that the dog had more right in the car than I did, since her puppies paid for some of the car. He wasn't impressed. I cleaned the switches myself after that. Personally, I have no use for the company because of their elitist attitude, but the do make a quality product. Just don't ever mention to them that they sometimes make a product that has an inherent defect, because they will deny it. Such defect I mention is the constantly blowing out of the head gaskets on the 6 cylinder gas jobs. They deny that it is a defect, but it seems to happen to all of them! Mine has been replace 3 times in 78 K and it needs to be done again. So much for reliability in this area....... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It just came to me after I posted this why I have head gasket problems.... it is in the title to this thread.... I haven't waxed my Benz! That has got to be it. Neglect of the paint by not waxing it leads to blown head gaskets..... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ how many people wax there tractor #52  
I do something a little bit different. I wash my tractor making sure there is no mud or other debris on it. I mix 2 quarts motor oil & 4.5 gallons of kerosene in a 5 gallon can.
I make sure that they are both mixed well together and spray the contents on the tractor with a spray bottle. I use probably .5 gallon per application. I do this in my garage & let it air dry for 3 to 4 days. It has not damaged the paint in any way ! I spray every inch of steel. Kerosene has parafin wax in it. I read an article once that told of how farmers would spray their machinery with kerosene because of the parafin wax.Which helped to prevent corrosion.
After the tractor has dried I use a cloth to buff the sheet metal. It shines up very nicely.

/ how many people wax there tractor #53  
<font color="blue"> I do something a little bit different. I wash my tractor making sure there is no mud or other debris on it. I mix 2 quarts motor oil & 4.5 gallons of kerosene in a 5 gallon can.
I make sure that they are both mixed well together and spray the contents on the tractor with a spray bottle. I use probably .5 gallon per application. I do this in my garage & let it air dry for 3 to 4 days. It has not damaged the paint in any way ! I spray every inch of steel. Kerosene has parafin wax in it. I read an article once that told of how farmers would spray their machinery with kerosene because of the parafin wax.Which helped to prevent corrosion.
After the tractor has dried I use a cloth to buff the sheet metal. It shines up very nicely.
</font>

Your post brought a smile to my face. Years ago my high school metal shop teacher did the very same thing to his car. He swore by the results. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ how many people wax there tractor #54  
If you like the 'solid' wax content.. check out a JD dealership and find their bottled ag implement wax. It is soy based, and after the volatiles evaporate out.. there is a 'crisco' type thick substance left... I'm guessing some kind of soy oil residue/

Anyway.. works great.. pour and rub on.. let come to dull cloudy appearance.. then lightly rub with soft towel.. don't even have to buff.. just rub a bit.. nice shine.. lasts up to a year...

Besides.. might save your garage from being a future superfund cleanup site /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Soundguy