Case DX33 PTO problem, HELP

/ Case DX33 PTO problem, HELP #1  

scoach

Tractor
Case DX33
I can engage the PTO when there is no implement attached. When there is an implement attached, it just grinds. The PTO also doesn't disengage when I push in the clutch. I can start with engine with the implement attached and the PTO engaged and it will fire up, no problem, but not the best practice for the tractor.
An ideas? Is there an adjustment, or is the transmission going to have to be opened.

/ Case DX33 PTO problem, HELP #3  
When you push in the clutch, it should disengage the pto and stop forward motion. If it does not, then the clutch faces are rusted together or the clutch linkage is broken or way out of adjustment. Check the linkage for the correct movement to the clutch pressure plate. If it appears to be correct and adequately moving the pivot arm, then the plates could be rusty. You might try pushing or pulling against a tree with tractor in low range, putting a lot of torque through the transmission WHILE DEPRESSING THE CLUTCH. If it breaks free, polish the faces up by slipping the clutch under this high torque load until it engages smoothly. Good luck!

/ Case DX33 PTO problem, HELP #4  
When you push in the clutch, it should disengage the pto and stop forward motion. If it does not, then the clutch faces are rusted together or the clutch linkage is broken or way out of adjustment. Check the linkage for the correct movement to the clutch pressure plate. If it appears to be correct and adequately moving the pivot arm, then the plates could be rusty. You might try pushing or pulling against a tree with tractor in low range, putting a lot of torque through the transmission WHILE DEPRESSING THE CLUTCH. If it breaks free, polish the faces up by slipping the clutch under this high torque load until it engages smoothly. Good luck!

DX33 should have a double clutch. Trying to knock a tree over won't do much for the PTO stage.

/ Case DX33 PTO problem, HELP #5  
I beg to differ, Rick, the D33 is the gear drive 9 speed tranny with the 2 stage clutch. The DX33 is the 3 range hydrostatic tranny with a single stage clutch that disengages both the tranny and pto. Should be a twin to my TC33D.

/ Case DX33 PTO problem, HELP #6  
I beg to differ, Rick, the D33 is the gear drive 9 speed tranny with the 2 stage clutch. The DX33 is the 3 range hydrostatic tranny with a single stage clutch that disengages both the tranny and pto. Should be a twin to my TC33D.

Correct. My bad.

/ Case DX33 PTO problem, HELP #7  
I wonder what it's going to cost me to replace the pto shaft in my 2005 Case DX33. I tried replacing the seal but it still leaked. It looks like the shaft got jammed in a little bit and it bent just a touch. 418 hours hours on it and it sits in the barn until I get this fixed.