3-Point Hitch ENGINE HUNTING AT IDLE

/ ENGINE HUNTING AT IDLE #1  

KOLBRNR

Bronze Member
Tractor
2012 5740 HSTC
Hi folks. I'm looking for some possible solutions to a new problem on a new to me tractor.

I recently bought a 2011 Kubota L5740 HSTC. The other day I had a woods 5' bush cutter on the tractor and was running down the road from my field to my home as I wanted to wash the bush cutter off after using it. When I backed in the driveway and the tractor came to an idle I noticed the engine hunting between 800 and 500 RPM. When I lowered the bush cutter the engine seamed to smooth out. I now have a new noise that sounds something like a pressure relief valve bypassing but it isn't. The sound is coming from the pipe that is tied into the 3 point hitch hydraulic circuit, If you hold the pipe you can feel it resonate. This sound is only when the engine is at a certain rpm. It goes away above or below.

There was at one point coming down it sounded like the engine came under a load and then it went away,

I took it to the dealer and they disassembled the pipe to see if something was in there and it's clean. They have adjusted the feedback rod for the three point hitch just to see if it ws that going over the relief valve. I left it there for them to try and figure it out.

Any ideas?

/ ENGINE HUNTING AT IDLE
Hi again folks. Perhaps a moderator could move my thread to the Kubota owning and operating forum for me please. Perhaps I will get a response there.

/ ENGINE HUNTING AT IDLE #3  
Hi again folks. Perhaps a moderator could move my thread to the Kubota owning and operating forum for me please. Perhaps I will get a response there.

You can send a message to a moderator by clicking on the triangle at the bottom left of your message.

Steve