Anyone have a drinking water fountain?

/ Anyone have a drinking water fountain? #1  

bdog

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 6130M
I usually have one or two people helping me at our place working on the property or in the shop. We go through a case of bottled water a day in this heat. It is hassle to go buy it all the time and bottles are left everywhere. I was thinking of buying one of these http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001DEN91E/ref=pd_aw_sbs_60_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1EMA6VN11JVV6G4SSZJX and mounting it in the shop on the outside of the bathroom wall. Wondered if anyone else had some type of water dispenser in their shops? I considered the office style water coolers with the inverted 5 gallon bottles but you still have to buy those and cups.

/ Anyone have a drinking water fountain? #2  
I think it is a good idea. If they are thirsty they will drink or they can buy their own. Elkay is a good brand as far as I know from working in a factory. If they break they might be expensive to fix, but there isn't much to them.

If it lasts a year, and they should last 20 years, you will have recouped your losses and not have to clean up half used bottles.

/ Anyone have a drinking water fountain? #3  
My dad likes to do everything needed and a lot more. I thought it was a waste of money when he installed a water fountain in his shop. Now, it is absolutely one of my favorite items! It's definitely something I point out when people are looking for ideas to build a shop.

/ Anyone have a drinking water fountain? #4  
I usually have one or two people helping me at our place working on the property or in the shop. We go through a case of bottled water a day in this heat. It is hassle to go buy it all the time and bottles are left everywhere. I was thinking of buying one of these http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001DEN91E/ref=pd_aw_sbs_60_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1EMA6VN11JVV6G4SSZJX and mounting it in the shop on the outside of the bathroom wall. Wondered if anyone else had some type of water dispenser in their shops? I considered the office style water coolers with the inverted 5 gallon bottles but you still have to buy those and cups.

1. Buy cases of 36 bottles.

2. Wouldn't you have more productivity if they can carry the bottle with them wherever they areworking rather than make them come back to the shop??

3. I normally pay 10 cents or 11 cents per bottle of water. Nit onky would it be $400 for thw water cooler . . . But it takes electricity to cool the water . . . and a plumbing cost to install ut. By the way . . . Don't forget the cooler needs a filter.

/ Anyone have a drinking water fountain? #7  
   / Anyone have a drinking water fountain? #8  
For in the shop work, I still prefer our water fountain. We have a refrigerator with bottle water next to it, but I often stop at the fountain for a couple swallows when I pass. I don't always want a bottle, and don't want it sitting to get warm.

I value my time a lot (doubt I'm worth it tho). With the water fountain, there are no "oops, I'm out of water and have to run to the store" trips. There aren't 24 empty bottles that I am sure at the end of an exhausting day everyone makes sure finds a trash can. The electricity use will not be noticeable. And if I'm in the shop and really thirsty, I have drank a bottle of water but I will refill it at the fountain.

/ Anyone have a drinking water fountain? #9  
We installed a couple at work and they're great--always nice and cold, and no cups and bottles to deal with. Installation is simple. Need a GFCI for power, and a spot wheeled traffic can't clean it off the wall.

/ Anyone have a drinking water fountain? #10  
I know you are prob. not interested but just a side note. The machine shop I went to as a kid had an old time spicket turned upside down for a water fountain. It worked very well. That was over 45 years ago when people did not think all water had to be cold to be drinkable. Ed