East Wind Chinese Tractor DFS454

/ East Wind Chinese Tractor DFS454 #1  

GotDone

Tractor
East Wind
Would like to shout out to any East Wind Chinese tractor owners? Who have also purchased from Midway Sales here in melbourne, australia? Please tell me there is light at the end of this tunnel. Nightmare of a tractor, wishing I never bought it, nothing but trouble since day dot - cna anybody else shed some light on their experience? find that warranty isnt really worth the paper its written on - and to date, spent over $6,000 on repairs that should never have happened in the first place. hydraulic system constantly leaking and blowing. rams been replaced 3 times. o-rings and seals complete overhaul. rust under the paint work after the first month...the list goes on my fingers would get sore.
East Wind Tractor Review
Review of my East Wind Tractor - Tractor by East Wind CHinese branded tractor.

Last edited:
   / East Wind Chinese Tractor DFS454
Starting to feel like ive got done. i thought i was doing the right thing buy getting a cheap chinese tractor, but the east wind seriously has not lived to my expectations and i dont know what i can do? i feel like this tractor is gonna cost me 30k in repairs in the next 5 years. a clutch replacement is next on my list, and thats gonna hit me about 2-3k already been getting quotes. at my wits end!!

/ East Wind Chinese Tractor DFS454 #3  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Tassie.

I can only 'feel your pain' as (touch wood) I've never experienced a lemon of a rig. Sounds like you're throwing good money after bad. :confused3:

Best of luck.

/ East Wind Chinese Tractor DFS454 #4  
Really sorry for your troubles. Sounds like a nightmare.

It is exhausting I have never come across such a lemon if a tractor before this east wind tractor I seriously cannot sleep at night I'm always thinking what next ? What's gonna go wrong next and how much is that going to cost me ? Unfortunately I can't say I'm the most hands on person to fix leaks and blow ups on my tractor! Is this normal or have I really bought myself a dud east wind Chinese tractor ? Or is the dealer avoiding its responsibilities ? Shouldn't they be paying for all this ? Does anybody else own an east wind tractor here who has had some positive experiences ??

/ East Wind Chinese Tractor DFS454 #6  
It is exhausting I have never come across such a lemon if a tractor before this east wind tractor I seriously cannot sleep at night I'm always thinking what next ? What's gonna go wrong next and how much is that going to cost me ? Unfortunately I can't say I'm the most hands on person to fix leaks and blow ups on my tractor! Is this normal or have I really bought myself a dud east wind Chinese tractor ? Or is the dealer avoiding its responsibilities ? Shouldn't they be paying for all this ? Does anybody else own an east wind tractor here who has had some positive experiences ??

Sounds like time to make a change and stop pouring good money into a money pit. We all learn hard lessons in life but life goes on regardless. Sorry you've had such a bad experience.

/ East Wind Chinese Tractor DFS454 #7  

Never heard of them (East Wind), but then in 1983 I had never heard of Shibaura before and didn't even know I owned one. I would really enjoy visiting China and studying their history of tractor usage and manufacturing. My guess is the tractors built for Chinese agricultural use are very solid, otherwise 6 billion people would be very malnourished. Is it possible that the manufacturers try to add too many bells and whistles for the American market instead of just building simple, solid machines like my Shibaura? Their electronics industries have moved light years in the QA/QC area and rival those of Korea and Japan. It may be just a lack of high quality steel and aluminum. I do know that both the Koreans and Japanese outsource many of their castings to China so I am at a loss as to why the Chinese brands have such a stigma.

/ East Wind Chinese Tractor DFS454 #8  
Hi from NE Victoria.

I got very close to purchasing a tractor from Midway Sales. Their ads and packages looked pretty good, and I had organised to head down to Melbourne about 280 kilometres) and check out the options.

The big question for me was getting a service man to the tractor (or the tractor to Melbourne) when something goes wrong. Not if something goes wrong.

I couldn't find much info from other customers about reliability on their brands and was put off buying the cheapest possible by all the bad PR on the Agrison brand - true or false, but how can a newbie know? You can be sure that they all will say that servicing is no problem etc.

In the end I went for a Kioti from local dealer and basically paid more (around $3000 as far as I can work out) for some peace of mind.

I really feel for you, mate. If you can believe their marketing, there must be plenty of East Wind owners around the country to help with advice.

If the East Wind / Midway Sales tractors is anything to go buy, they claim that all chinese are not the same, they have thousands of happy customers etc etc. Not sure if its legitimate or a sales pitch but I feel like one of the unfortunate ones. I was initially interested in the agrison but read up on them and decided the midway sales, their salesmen talked me into their brand instead! I've since found out that 2 friends and friends of friends nearby have had their Agrison for years and seem quite pleased with the tractor and service. So I dont know how true or false their PR is or to what scale.
I dont want to keep spending money on this bag of s&*^ and really contemplating either returning it to the dealer, or selling it second hand. Only problem is - who will buy it with the clutch gone? I would need to fix it first which is just more money down the drain.
Come on East Wind owners, hit me up with a PM!! I need some advice, it would be much appreciated.!!!
When life gives you lemons....