Removing Diesel Soot From Loader Frame

/ Removing Diesel Soot From Loader Frame #1  

Industrial Toys

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota R510 Wheel Loader + Cab and backhoe, JD 6200 Open Station, Cushman 6150, 4x4, ten foot 56 hp Kubota diesel hydraulic wing mower, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Kawasaki Diesel Mule, JD 4x2 Electric Gator
Any experience on what cuts black Diesel soot on a Loader frame? I have tried industrial car wash solution but this isn't the answer. Something that won't hurt the paint and finish.

I have a steam genny and that might do it but would rather not mess with that thing. It's too dangerous!

My tractor is in the shop, the loader is sitting here, it's summer and I figure it would be a good time to address this.

Thanks

/ Removing Diesel Soot From Loader Frame #2  
"Simple Green" works well for diesel soot removal.

Last edited:
   / Removing Diesel Soot From Loader Frame #3  
No idea. It is just going to get black again, so I wouldn't bother. Maybe gasoline would cut it. On mine it looks like the carbon is protecting the finish from exhaust heat. Kinda like those carbon tiles on the space shuttle. Well, that's the story I'll give to my date tonight when I drive the machine over to her double-wide.:laughing:

/ Removing Diesel Soot From Loader Frame #4  
Ditto on the Simple Green. Good car polish will help with cleanup as well.

/ Removing Diesel Soot From Loader Frame
Thanks. I looked up the product. Curious what it's based on being friendly and all. Possibly citrus.

/ Removing Diesel Soot From Loader Frame #6  
Home Depot has Simple Green.

/ Removing Diesel Soot From Loader Frame #7  
I use Purple Power degreaser.

/ Removing Diesel Soot From Loader Frame
Sure, I could have tried different stuff. It's just so much easier when you get just the right stuff for cleaning a certain substance.

/ Removing Diesel Soot From Loader Frame #9  
No idea. It is just going to get black again, so I wouldn't bother. Maybe gasoline would cut it. On mine it looks like the carbon is protecting the finish from exhaust heat. Kinda like those carbon tiles on the space shuttle. Well, that's the story I'll give to my date tonight when I drive the machine over to her double-wide.:laughing:

She parked down by the river, at the red neck yot club ?

/ Removing Diesel Soot From Loader Frame #10  
The soot is the byproduct of burning a petroleum based fuel. Most any petroleum product - I use kerosene - will cut the soot.