Selling the farm, buyer wants the tractor and all the attachments too, how to value?

/ Selling the farm, buyer wants the tractor and all the attachments too, how to value? #11  
Thanks! I figured there might be an adjustment somewhere. If only I could find that manual to get the procedure, lol.

I'll try washing off the radiator.

Look real good between the oil cooler and radiator. Stuff likes to build up towards the bottom of it and it can be a booger to see. Best to try and wash it from the engine side but that is easier said than done with the fan shroud and all.

/ Selling the farm, buyer wants the tractor and all the attachments too, how to value? #12  
:)

Here is the procedure my LandPride owner's manual shows:

attachment.php

The information in the part called Slip-Clutch Protected Drivelines should be universal to all mowers with slip clutches.

I was talking to the service guy when I was at my Kubota dealership once. He said they don't bother with the measurements, but simply count the threads showing on the bolts. If the clutch is slipping, they snug the bolts down so that 1 extra thread is showing. If it still slips, they do it again until it stops.
1-screenshot.jpg

/ Selling the farm, buyer wants the tractor and all the attachments too, how to value? #13  
Whether you include in real property or separate probably depends on your state/county tax codes. If your state has a sales tax then the equipment sale is taxed as a retail sale. Any language in the sales agreement about the equipment and the title company is legally obligated to treat those items per the tax code. Normally real estate lenders will not allow personal property to be included in the loan as it is a depreciating asset and difficult to reposes. Bottom line make is, keep it a deal between you and the buyer and keep the realtor, loan company and taxing authorities out of the deal. Problem is the buyer cannot borrow money with used equipment as collateral unless it is private money. I have seen these things thrown in to sweeten a real estate deal around the realtor knows; you figure the rest as I am not a lawyer. He has legal obligations as a licensed professional also. The days of handshake deals are long gone.

ron

/ Selling the farm, buyer wants the tractor and all the attachments too, how to value? #14  
I just bought my little 21.5 acre tract and had the owner throw the JD4110 and 5' Howze bush hog in for $4500. It had 360 hours and only been used to bush hog the grass out back. He was not going to use it anymore. He was going to sell it. Since I knew this and knew I needed a tractor I got in thrown in because I knew there was no way to buy a new tractor and if I were to buy used I would probably spend more than that. It was on an addendum. You have to decide first if you need it at your next place. The next thing is trying to decide what you are willing to take for it. You also have to decide on how bad you want your property gone and if this gets it done quicker will that be worth it. Personal choice. I have won and lost on deals similar deals. Timing and need for speed dictated whether or not won or lost.

/ Selling the farm, buyer wants the tractor and all the attachments too, how to value? #15  
looking at tractorhouse I would say something from 25K - 30K with your attachments

Saying that If you have no use for the tractor where you are relocating I would make a better deal to try to get rid of them before the move

My :2cents:

My neighbor got a very similar JD tractor at an estate sale for $8k 4 or 5 years ago. No attachments though.

I think $25k is very optimistic.

OTOH, what are your other options? Is taking the tractor and implements with you feasible, or are you going to have to sell them before you move? If I had to get rid of them before I moved, I would ask a few local dealers to bid on the whole package. Then offer the package to the real estate buyer for about 1.5 times the dealer offer. That way you both get a better deal than otherwise possible.

If I could take them with me, the price would be higher.

/ Selling the farm, buyer wants the tractor and all the attachments too, how to value? #16  
My neighbor got a very similar JD tractor at an estate sale for $8k 4 or 5 years ago. No attachments though.

I think $25k is very optimistic.

OTOH, what are your other options? Is taking the tractor and implements with you feasible, or are you going to have to sell them before you move? If I had to get rid of them before I moved, I would ask a few local dealers to bid on the whole package. Then offer the package to the real estate buyer for about 1.5 times the dealer offer. That way you both get a better deal than otherwise possible.

If I could take them with me, the price would be higher.

If he got at 4x20 series tractor with 400 loader (not to be confused with the older smaller 4 series) with 400 hours on it for 8,000 from an estate sale that is borderline robbing a widow / orphan. These are the deluxe series larges compact that JD had equivalent to Grand L Kubotas in the 40 to 60 horsepower range.

/ Selling the farm, buyer wants the tractor and all the attachments too, how to value? #17  
Prices on TractorHouse are in the mid 20's for comparable hours with FEL. Tractors with out FEL's are in the 18K to 20K range. Those implements are not the driver of value, it's the tractor and FEL. I would ask the owner what he thought was fair. I am thinking 20K-25K is the range.

/ Selling the farm, buyer wants the tractor and all the attachments too, how to value? #18  
Some mortgage companies don't like to roll stuff like this into the loan. They are writing a loan for a farm, not a tractor. Should he sell the tractor, then it changes the collateral.