ROPS + Seat Belt + Resqme Seat Belt Cutter

/ ROPS + Seat Belt + Resqme Seat Belt Cutter #1  

KennK

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320
I'm one of those guys who didn't bother using my seat belt until I had a close call while plowing snow a few years back. I was backing up near a culvert and though I had plenty of room but dropped a rear wheel off the culvert and into the ditch (off the "bridge"). The tractor started leaning but didn't flip. Luckily I had the foresight to carefully climb off and carefully have my wife pull the tractor to a safe place with the truck (strap attached to the drawbar and seat belt on).

Ever since then I wear the seat belt religiously! I also have added a Resqme seat belt cutter to the tractor key chain. I figure if something bad happens and I find myself hanging from the seat belt it will be unlikely that the buckle will unfasten with weight on it and my wife won't likely hear my yelling. Thus the seat belt cutter.

resqme® - Quick Car Escape Tool - Resqme

Lately I've been wondering if I should add a whistle to the key chain too (Fox, Storm, ...).

/ ROPS + Seat Belt + Resqme Seat Belt Cutter #2  
You can get seat belt cutters with a whistle too, check Amazon. I think a cell phone would be the best option.

/ ROPS + Seat Belt + Resqme Seat Belt Cutter #3  
I would install a horn with a button that is easy to reach. It would serve as your desired distress sound, as well as be useful when needing to get the attention of a ground man, the dog, or any such occasion you need to make noise. More so if you have a cab, when yelling is less of an option.

/ ROPS + Seat Belt + Resqme Seat Belt Cutter #4  
We don't have phone service in most places so I just tell the wife where I will be. Not the best situation. I really like the horn idea Diesel. I will be installing one soon. Made me think that maybe one of those emergency boat horns on an aerosol can would be good too but I don't know how many blasts you get.

gg

/ ROPS + Seat Belt + Resqme Seat Belt Cutter #5  
For no cell phone service then the horn is good idea!

/ ROPS + Seat Belt + Resqme Seat Belt Cutter #6  
I had a horn on a garden tractor for a while and it worked like a charm. Every time i honked it, the wife would come running out of the house with a cold beer for me.

/ ROPS + Seat Belt + Resqme Seat Belt Cutter #7  
That's great! The 'beer me' alarm!