Improving air conditioning B2650/B3350 Kubota

/ Improving air conditioning B2650/B3350 Kubota
Good going ns_in_tex!

Wish I could follow in your tractor tracks. Darn it, on my B it's packed, just astonishingly tight. What room one would think is available above the battery is taken up by the hood latch mechanism and headlights when the hood is closed. There's no room on either side or anywhere, no room to mount a fan elsewhere and duct the air in, except one could mount the fan external to the front grill, sigh - - they even ran AC hoses in front of the oil fill so you gotta push them aside to get a funnel in there.

It might be possible to relocate the battery on the B2650/B3350 to directly under it's current location to between the frame rails. The battery cables may be long enough to allow this without further modification. The battery would probably have to be changed to either an Pb AGM type, or an LiFePO4 (lighter and more energy density). Also, if the Kubota Quick Hitch is used from front Snow Blower etc, then the battery would need to be mounted as far aft as possible to allow the cross pins that secure the Quick Hitch. Doing all this would provide room to directly mount a fan to the AC condenser.

Yanmars,

I just finished making two right angle cleaning wands, one for compressed air (tried it, works great) and one for water (haven't used it yet. The air one is a converted Harbor Freight long reach blow gun. Cut off the 30 degree bent nozzle, cut a slot in the tube and plugged the end. Fits right in there between the batter and condenser or on the backside between the hydraulic oil cooling coil and condenser.

I'll measure starter current to see if an LiFePO4 would be satisfactory.

/ Improving air conditioning B2650/B3350 Kubota #12  
I added insulation to my L4240. I think it helps it stay cooler. I never had problems with it being too warm, I can run the blower on a lower speed at times.

The B3350 is so small that the cab, save for the roof, is all glass, the "Popemobile" of tractors. The floor is already insulated and there's not much space in the roof to insulate, though you could add some in the aft half - the front is all air conditioner stuff and radio.

/ Improving air conditioning B2650/B3350 Kubota #14  
You can insulate the roof.

Thanks, that's a good idea . . . never thought of that!

/ Improving air conditioning B2650/B3350 Kubota #16  
Might want to consider tinted windows too. Lots of places to have this done at a low cost, should be beneficial in the Nevada sun. This is a very good way to reflect the heat before it gets in the cab. If most of your tractor use is daytime I would tint the front glass as well as the sides and rear.

/ Improving air conditioning B2650/B3350 Kubota #17  
Thanks, that's a good idea . . . never thought of that!

Here is the thread with more pics. You could also use something like dynamat and may get better results. Insulating will help some but you are still left with a lot of glass for heat to get inside the cab.

/ Improving air conditioning B2650/B3350 Kubota #18  
Not sure how room compares on your B versus our L4610, but here is what we did.
7" fan, hangs at about 45 degree angle, pointing down, so it will blow air into the crack between battery and condenser coil, behind the battery.
Actually the bottom of the fan just rest on top of the battery and is hanging from 2 existing 90 degree pegs at the top.
Fan can be lifted off and layed aside to service the battery.
We mowed our lawn for 2 or 3 hours this afternoon and this is the first time we have had to direct the air away from our head because it was to cold.
Fan cost was 22.75. I wish we had done this 10 years ago.

Would like to see a pic of this..?