Mowing Slashing

/ Slashing #1  

lepaulborg

Tractor
WHM
Hi very new to tractors. Got a question if anyone can help please.

I have just brought a tractor WHM 38HP.

There is a lever that states 540/720 RPM - manual for my slasher states has to be set on 540 RPM which I have done. What does this mean? When I drive the tractor with PTO engaged and slasher going I drive at 1800 revs showing on the tractor rev meter, should I be driving at 540 revs or this different? driving at 1800 revs is that to fast for the slasher? In other words what does the 540RPM mean for the slasher?

/ Slashing #2  
It means pto rpms, 2400 engine rpm usually is 540 implement rpms and same for 720.

/ Slashing
Thanks BethelHntr

What is the lever for that allows me to switch between 540/720 if I have to go by engine revs.

/ Slashing
So running at 1800 engines Revs is to slow for the PTO?

/ Slashing #5  
The PTO needs to operate at 540 RPM. To do that, set the selector for 540 and set the throttle so that the tachometer is at the point marked on it's dial for PTO operation. That's most likely considerably higher than 1800, but it depends on the particular tractor.

The lever is so you can operate the PTO at 720 RPM for implements designed to operate at that speed. It only adjusts the gear ratios for the PTO - it does not directly control the actual speed. That's only done by controlling engine speed. Your manual should explain the use of this control.

Terry

Last edited: